Rotopax spigot

cbelisle

I want to share a new spigot I've been working on for my rotopax water can. There isn't a great solution for this that I'm aware of, so I've started working on my own setup. It's very close - I just need to update the adapter material to ones that are food-safe (thinking aluminum)

IMG_4635.JPG

on the left is my adapter washer. Currently made out of plastic that's not rated as food safe (although it is PVC plastic so I'm sure it's fine) and on the right is a brass spigot with 1/2" mounting threads.
IMG_4636.JPG
The adapter replaces the yellow nozzle from the rotopax and uses the black O-ring from it.
IMG_4637.JPG
All assembled
IMG_4639.JPGIMG_4638.JPG
It doesn't sit flat with the spigot installed, so that may be an issue for some, but not for myself.
IMG_4640.JPG
I also installed this vent that so water flow isn't impeded. it comes with a water-tight cap as well. It's hard to see but sits on the top corner above the spigot.
IMG_4641.JPG
Mounted up on my Rigd Ultraswing.

Anyways, hopefully, that'll help someone out there. It's all very easy besides the adapter which I had to make. I'll keep you all updated on how the aluminum one comes out.

Links:
Spigot
Vent

Hello! I need to buy two of the Rotopax adapters from you please!

I PM’d you and contacted you through your website.

Thanks! James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier