Rotopax Gen2

Mark2457

Hi All

Buying my first Rotpopax. I see there's a gen2, but having never seen a gen1 I can't tell what the difference is

Web site says "Same capacity and dimensions as our original 2 Gallon without the complicated twisting bottom! For those that love the shape and size of the original, but also like saving some money, this is the pack for you. "

I'm looking at pix of original version and see no "complicated twisting bottom"

Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks

Mark

emulous74

The twisting bottom allows you to interlock two rotopax together and expands your mounting options rather than just "stacking", which is all that gen 2 allows you to do.

In the picture below the far left water rotopax is Gen 1 and the middle water rotopax is Gen 2, notice the bottom of the rotopax. The staggered bottom on the Gen 1 is how you can twist and interconnect to gen 1 rotopax. Gen 1 is more difficult to stand upright on the ground, as Gen 2 has a flat bottom.

In this picture, there are 2 gen 1 diesel rotopax interconnected and mounted horizontally. The plus to this, is only one of the rotopax mounts is a "locking" mount, but with the gen 1 rotopax interlocks, they are both secured by the one lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles