Rossmonster Baja new video - side entry also

Steve_382

New video from about a week ago. Actually this looks pretty good to me. My biggest complaint from the earlier model was the rear entry and they now have a side entry. That might allow me to put bikes on a rack in the rear hitch. No idea what the cost is, but likely $300 to $400 I guess. And it's on a 1 ton chassis so that's a plus. The pop top might also be a good thing going down the road or through the McDonald's drive through. Ha. I guess this belongs in this section as much as the EC TerraNova.

Delsh

Like how this design preserved a good-sized dinette/bed - along w/ the wet bath. The rear door version w/ the wet bath lost the good dinette/bed, and the non wet bath version required blocking the door when converting dinette to bed. This is a much more functional design.

carleton

We've been watching these guys.....
Their website profiles the regular bed, rear entry, but they debuted the 8' bed, side entry this spring.
Since then, it seems like they have sold a bunch of the side entry models.

I'm sure costs have gone up, but in May at Overland Expo it was around $200-$250k, including the chassis.

I don't think they do a subframe, and their suspension work/chassis work is much more basic compared to their competitors. Which is probably how they save on cost.
For me, that is a plus. I don't need or want 41" Super Singles, and we realistically drive on paved roads & maintained Forest roads

Steve_382

We've been watching these guys.....
Their website profiles the regular bed, rear entry, but they debuted the 8' bed, side entry this spring.
Since then, it seems like they have sold a bunch of the side entry models.

I'm sure costs have gone up, but in May at Overland Expo it was around $200-$250k, including the chassis.

I don't think they do a subframe, and their suspension work/chassis work is much more basic compared to their competitors. Which is probably how they save on cost.
For me, that is a plus. I don't need or want 41" Super Singles, and we realistically drive on paved roads & maintained Forest roads
I agree. For my needs this might be the sweet spot. Not really wanting go rock crawling, just something capable enough to get through small sections of rough stuff if I need it. 99% of my driving is on paved roads.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
These are really neat campers. Glad somebody is doing a hard side pop-up in America. Also glad to see the side entry option. Seems like a screaming deal and about half the price of an Earthroamer.

On this model it would be great to see north south bed option, and the shower seems very small. Not even sure how you would sit in there. I think they would really expand their market if they offered the Baja in a removable camper unit.

Steve_382

Had a quick conversation with them this week and they indicated that pricing was in the $275 to $300 range for well equipped units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94