Roof Top Tents and wind

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
My plan, is that if my rig starts swaying in the middle of the night and I hear banging, scratching, and chuffing...I will open a window and aim carefully with my bear spray...and spray the bear. If he comes back I might be forced to put a 12 gage in his nose and pull the trigger (I have no wish to kill a bear). Yes, I keep bear spray and a short shotgun with slugs in the RTT at night.

I'd rather wait and watch while a bear screws around outside. I'll be scared to death and it will be a good story to tell, but I will react if Mr. Bear is too persistent. How I react will be up to the bear.

The scenario that bugs me is that there is a bear in camp and I can't leave because I am too scared to leave the RTT to get in the Jeep and drive off (whilst ruining my awning and whatever else because I have no time to put them away).

Does anyone else in the forum regularly camp in an RTT in Grizzly country? Has it ever been a problem?

crazysccrmd

Observer
My plan, is that if my rig starts swaying in the middle of the night and I hear banging, scratching, and chuffing...I will open a window and aim carefully with my bear spray...and spray the bear. If he comes back I might be forced to put a 12 gage in his nose and pull the trigger (I have no wish to kill a bear). Yes, I keep bear spray and a short shotgun with slugs in the RTT at night.

I'd rather wait and watch while a bear screws around outside. I'll be scared to death and it will be a good story to tell, but I will react if Mr. Bear is too persistent. How I react will be up to the bear.

The scenario that bugs me is that there is a bear in camp and I can't leave because I am too scared to leave the RTT to get in the Jeep and drive off (whilst ruining my awning and whatever else because I have no time to put them away).

Does anyone else in the forum regularly camp in an RTT in Grizzly country? Has it ever been a problem?

I did when I had a RTT and never had a problem. Also never had problems sleeping on the ground, in a tent, in a hammock or in my GFC currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles