Roof top tent cover

Steveaustralia

Hey everyone
I am wondering if anyone has modified they roof top tent covers from a zip around the elasticated with clips - seems to me it could be easier to use - I’m just not sure on how well it would work with dust / rain. Has anyone tried this?
thanks

roving1

I have wanted to do this since forever. I am convinced a boat cover or transport truck tarp maker could do this for a reasonable fee. I am 100% convinced using bungees and hooks would be a net time saver, and in cold weather so much less frustrating. I have gotten so mad putting my cover on in certain situations I have literally had to give myself a time out from either physical fatigue or just mental frustration and just sit down and chill out before I can finish it. It's also maddening to take a shower and clean up only to be a dirty ball of sweat before you can get back on the road.

I think with the bungee method all you would need is some foam or a thick piece of weather stripping around the perimeter of the tent and pull the tarp back under toward the center.

As an interim step, and because I am apparently going to forever procrastinate on the bungee thing, I got so sick of mine being hard to close I bolted one of these to the bottom of the tent and cut a small hole in the cover below the zipper so the strap could pass through with the zipper closed and the strap forcibly compresses the tent. At least this way there is always enough slack on the zipper to have a chance of closing it.

41fcKkKacyL._AC_SR320,320_.jpg

Shout out to CVT for making their summit series tents nearly impossible to put the cover back on LOL. :whistle:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior