Roof Shelve/Centre Roof Consols from OZ/S.Africa

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
I have been looking (Australia 4x4 Action/S. Afrikans mags) at these roof shelves (mount above the sun visors for storing maps, drinks, mounting radios, etc.) for some time and see at least three outfits in OZ that make these. A friend (BlueHZT60) has one for his 60 series that I think he got from SOS. I wouldn't mind one for my 77 series but with price being around $3-400 OZ and then add shipping, duty, tax etc. the price gets close to $700 Kanuk.

Anyone know of anyone who brings these in or represents these companies, makes them locally (USA or Kanukistan), as I (and perhaps others) would be interested for the right price. I think they are made of fibreglass (lightweight and strong) and mount to preexisting holes/fixtures in the rigs. They also have the roof mounted centre consol which attaches or is one piece with the roof shelf. Either of which, I would also be interested in.

Those OZ/S. Afrikans have all the kool gear, why can't we get it here for a reasonable price?

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Something like this------------>>> Shelf-It

Thxs, Dave! Perfect...say why haven't I heard from you for so long. Sent tons of emails and posted on your User CP but nothing. Went through Flagstaff early December but since I didn't get an email from you I kept on going.

EDIT: seems that site is no longer in business...tried to email them and it came back undeliverable...went to JC Whitney which is supposed to sell it and they do have it but not for any Toyotas. They are all already custom made for each make, and with no details (dimensions) hard to see if I could make one fit. Thanks for the effort though! Email me one day! (as per profile)

Last edited:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Medal ????

The ones I had on my landcruisers in Oz were folded medal covered with carpet and padding. I don't think they would be too hard to reproduce. Getting the mounting points right could be an issue(if I remember correctly there was a mounting plate for both the 75 series and 60 series).

CanuckMariner/Nomad

The ones I had on my landcruisers in Oz were folded medal covered with carpet and padding. I don't think they would be too hard to reproduce. Getting the mounting points right could be an issue(if I remember correctly there was a mounting plate for both the 75 series and 60 series).

Thanks, you are absolutely right it is the mounting (using preexisting holes - visor mounting) that is difficult and getting the molding to fit nice in tight to the window side that is also an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior