Roof Rack To Borrow?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hey Guys,

I know this is a weird/random post, but does anyone in So Cal have a decent size roof rack for an FZJ80 that i could borrow for the weekend of new years? I am willing to pick up and deliver if possible, probably even donate a case of your favorite lager! I am in San Diego.

My problem is, i am building a custom one using the ARB mounting kit and it wont be ready by my trip. I leave on Dec 30th and get back on Jan 2nd

Anyone?

A Few people on here know me and can vouch for me! :D

Thanks

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Mangler!
I can't help you with the borrow but I am very interested in your custom rack project.
Could you post some pics and details? I have wondered about doing a cusom project myself as well.

Thanks! and good luck with the borrow.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
mcvickoffroad said:
Hey Mangler!
I can't help you with the borrow but I am very interested in your custom rack project.
Could you post some pics and details? I have wondered about doing a cusom project myself as well.

Thanks! and good luck with the borrow.

Sure, not all the details are solid yet, but what i do know:

-Tthe tubing is going to be 1".
-It will be using the ARB mounting kit as shown here: http://ok4wd.com/product.asp?id=642 The reason i want to use this mounting setup, it because i saw an 80 @ pismo with the ARB rack and the mounting kit keeps it very close to the roof (2or so inches) and minimize "Topheavyness"
-The bottom will be mesh
-The sides will be about 3-4 tall" (low profile)
-built in Hi-lift holder
-amber LED lights in the rear (safety in dust condtions at races)

The thing i am on the fence about and one of the main reasons i have built it yet is the roof top tent. If i finally decide to get one, i want to build the rack around it so that it fits right on and i can maximize my space in front of it. I am still on the fence about whether i want to go with the roof tent, build the rig to sleep in it, or get a small tent trailer thing. Still trying to decide!

Details and pics will be posted as progress continues!

Now, anyone got a rack i can borrow? :D

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
If you're coming through Flagstaff, AZ, I have a 5X8 Con-fer that I'm not using at the moment.....

-H-

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
And, just an FYI, watch out for the side rails interfering with the side window struts/supports (assuming the tent opens to the rear) when building your rack.

Guess how I know.... ;)

-H-

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hltoppr said:
And, just an FYI, watch out for the side rails interfering with the side window struts/supports (assuming the tent opens to the rear) when building your rack.

Guess how I know.... ;)

-H-

Care to elaborate and or post some pics? :D

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles