Roof Rack Storage Boxes

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
What kind of waterproof storage containers do you use with your roof racks. Slee Offroad had a nice looking box:
ao_wolf2.jpg

paulj

Expedition Leader
Those Wolf boxes from Slee offroad are out of stock. I inquired about them a while back, and was told that they were having problems importing them from South Africa.

paulj

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Although not submersion proof I have used a York box for awhile on my roof. It has excellent molded in handles all the way around so you can secure it with out interfering with the box lid. I have never had a problem with dust or rain getting into it and I have driven through some damn mosoons with it on the roof.

product.asp

gjackson

FRGS
I use a US Mil alloy box. Kinda like an ammo box, but in alloy and much larger. Has 10 cam catches on it. Waterproof and very sturdy.

I have several Wolf packs, and they are awesome! But if you get some, get extra catches. The catches tend to break. There is a company in SA that is making alloy catches for the Wold packs.

cheers

gcec

Sort of depends on what you're storing, where you're putting it, and what time of year its is. We use:

- Wolf boxes imported from SA; plastic, excellent knock-about boxes for general use, stackable, strong, easily used - not air or watertight, not lockable

- Spacecases imported from Oz; plastic, air\watertight, strong, easily stacked, configurable for equipment\tools\etc., lockable, colour-coded

- Zarges imported from Germany; absolute favourite - aluminium, range of sizes, interiors, definitely the top of the line - but they stick to your hands in the cold :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier