roof rack questions TJ

mattenser14

You can NOT beat the Garvin Roof Racks, I beat mine pretty good, and had at least 250 lbs on it a few times.
It saved me from a dented windshield frame at least twice, hit hard enough to shred bark off the tree.
Mounts with factory windshield bracket bolts up front, you have to drill a couple holes in the tub in the back, and it also mounts using the rear body mounts.
Very sturdy, I have not seen any that were half this well done.
IMG0968-XL.jpg

SANY1048-XL.jpg

SANY1049-XL.jpg

IMG0752-L.jpg

What type of corner guards do you have? And how did they work with the Garvin Rack? Were you able to use the same holes? I have a very similar setup and was wondering how the guards will work with the Garvin.

billiebob

Never did an RTT but carry ladders daily plus heavier ******** often. I love the Yakima system of pads, towers, bars. This is 25 years old and has been on 4 different Wranglers. Flawless performance and on/off in a minute.

DSC_0002.jpg

I use it plus a 3rd bar off the front bumper to haul ladders everyday.

DSC_0003.jpeg

unlimited potential

DSCN2241.jpeg

mattenser14

They are Rokmen corners, been WAY too long ago for me to really remember how everything bolted up, that was 2 Jeeps ago haha
But I dont recall anything bad, I think it was fine, worse case you have to drill a couple holes in the corners.

Thanks for the reply!

samsari

How does the rear of the Garvin rack mount at the bumper? Do you have to have the Garvin bumper as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94