Roof rack lights wiring

Ocdfisher

Hi all. Looking to put some surrounding lights on my roof rack. Where is the best place to exit the the cab or cargo area with the power supply wires? I will soon have a dedicated house battery in the rear of the Montero, if that makes things simpler.
Thanks

bikerjosh

Explorer
I ran mine through the mounts for the original roof rack. Assuming you aren't running the OEM rack, you can use one for the power supply into cab and the other for the ground.
Josh

dos531

I used the oem roof rack mounts as well. Put a grommet around the wires, then filled with black silicone for a good seal.

Ocdfisher

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that I didn't have to take off the headliner, but that will probably need to happen

bikerjosh

Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that I didn't have to take off the headliner, but that will probably need to happen
You just unhook the driver side and run the wires to the edge with some safety wire or fish tape. From the edge you can conceal them in the upper trim until you get to the front seat belt tower or continue them along the top until you get to the pillar at windshield them run them down.

dos531

I did not remove any headliner. Just remove the trim above the doors and you can fish it through and run it down the side under the trim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles