Roof Light wire routing - Defender 90 NAS (with Exo cage)

rlynch356

Defyota
Just wanted to see photos of how people have routed the wiring for your roof lights.

This summer i am going to finally start the lighting project on my 95 Defender 90 NAS. and the roof lights seem to be the only ones that present less than clean solutions for routing.

Any pictures/thoughts appreciated.

I am going to mount 2 10" Rigid LED combo bars to the roof, 2 bumper lights on the ARB (spots, undecided on type but visionX light cannons look interesting), and 2 reverse/work lights (Rigid Floods) beside the 3rd brake light.

Interior is going to be 2 National Luna LED strips on either the sides or the B/C roll hoops using custom mounts.

This is a soft top BTW.

Dmarchand

Adventurer
It is too cold for me to make the 10ft walk to the garage at the moment, but I tapped small holes at the base of the front roll cage hoop where it meets the fender, and a whole under each rack top mount. Then fished the wiring from the engine bay up through the hoop and out each hole. I did the zip tie wiring outside the cage for years but never liked the hacked look, and took advantage a few years ago when refreshing the powder coat to make the holes.

overlander

Expedition Leader
just come from under the bonnet, out the side (as there is plenty of gap) using sleeved 14 guage wire, go straight up the cage A piller with zip ties and that's it. That's just about how everyone without a snorkel does it.

alternative is to drill and grommet a hole in upper wing surface, and then still go up the cage.

Arlo

Adventurer
You may also come from the battery box into the B-pillar.

17186705pk.jpg

Straight up into the roof section.

17186706lh.jpg

There's plenty room for what you need/want to do.
If you remove the door sealing in the upper section, you will find a gap right enough to let the lines out of the roof and up to the front.

17186707bu.jpg

In the rear you may use bronze bushes like this.

17186708me.jpg

17186710dr.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles