Roninjiro aluminum Nissan D40 camper

roninjiro

Explorer
What will you construct it with? And the overhead part - if it doesn't pop up, what's it for? You can't crawl in there!

Btw your flip out tent is awesome.

The material is debatable. We may go aluminum again or a thermal composite sandwich. The over head is "legs only" until I modify the design again. Thank you also for the kind words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roninjiro

Explorer
Love the concept, but why not hinge the roof from the very front?

Thank you! I adapted the concept, as it is one that a few manufactures (based out of different countries) use. The reasons I chose not to move the hinge to the very front vary. I would like to keep the lid weight to a minimal, reduce the enclosure fabric needed, keep the design as simple as possible, and design on a "as needed" basis instead of creature comforts. The area over the cab would be for extra storage when moving, and legs only when sleeping.

roninjiro

Explorer
This project is going up for sale, I have another design in mind I would like to try out. I will post an ad on the sale section and link it back here.

ober27

Adventurer
Good luck with the sale of this project, and please let us know when you start a build thread for the next one.

Have you started your new camper yet?

It looks like I may have a buyer for my Tacoma camper project.... which I did not finish sadly.... and a tacoma no longer fits my family....

The crazy world of home builders!

I am already planning a simpler camper for my new Tundra!

roninjiro

Explorer
I shot around the idea, but since I seem to not keep projects too long, I will be building this one to be somewhat universal to midsize trucks in case I want to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roninjiro

Explorer
Thanks, I am trying to juggle getting the aluminum ordered/picked up while away from home on weekdays (supplier not opened on weekends). So tired of seeing it designed on paper and the computer; I need to build it. I have many projects (high hp car, cargo trailer conversion, frontier, house improvements, this camper), but this is one of my big projects that will be taking high priority now. I hope I don't disappoint!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke