roll up read door

TACO721

Observer
kinda cool. Hope it locks/latches tighter than what the U haul doors do. those kinda bounce a little with bumpers, so idk if it would be water tight(enough to be under the water line when crossing a creek) or 95%+ dust tight.

srgsng25

Observer
i am afraid of that as well i have the idea that i would older it a half inch longer so i can have it lock into a channel that has a sold rubber stop on it this will slow down the honest thief i think sin ce the dishonest one just brings the angle grinder and cuts the locks off and drives the trailer away

TACO721

Observer
Yeah other than them being kinda loos locking/latching, It looks like it's a good idea! If you can come up with a way to make it latch tighter, and also be water tight and not let dust in than it's an even better idea.

Arlo

Adventurer
Installed it in 2004. :wings:

13561778ss.jpg

I like it. Does what I need: nothing to hit against when open, nice surface when closed (Alumimium, anodized), spring loaded spill, two inner lockers, dust proof. It's used on many fire fighting units!

But it's expensive, not easy to install, not water proof when the trailer is diving! :snorkel:
On the other hand the water will drain out the same way as it comes in.

13561774sk.jpg

13561776rs.jpg

More details?

srgsng25

Observer
how much did the door put you back your the reason i was researching this as a possibility i am still holding out for a nice $500 service body

Arlo

Adventurer
how much did the door put you back? your the reason i was researching this as a possibility i am still holding out for a nice $500 service body

I just added a question mark to be sure about yor question. Sorry about it, but I'm not a nativ speaker.

They charged me 600€ for this small sized one.
I wanted it, so I payed a lot of money for this.

It's just in duty.
And it works.

But I will never do it again!

It's way to expensive!
The spring loaded spill is a-like-a-U-Haul thing; try to get it better.
The door opening doesn't hit you while running behind the trailer, that's correct but you will get into contact with it while surching parts inside the trailer and have a comming out:
the last upper lid, rubber plated, will find your head! Fore sure!
The door doesn't open so far as the wide expects:
It's redused by the needed radius and the last lid!!!

Otherwise I wont miss it!

It's your decision!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94