Rokon Two Wheel Drive

Rokondealer

Rokon in a Mud Run

Just to let you know, I came in 3rd place with my 2008 Trailbreaker in a mud run for ATVs. There were many Quads, 3 wheelers, 4x4 sidebysides, 2 Quads on tracks, a few motocross bikes, a snowmobile and a modified TerraJet...

The winner was a snowmobile, and second place was a Quad on tracks. Aside from the Rokon, no other vehicles finished the race...

There aren't many photos of this years mud run but check out the 2007 and 2008 albums too.

http://www.freewebs.com/poltimorefair/apps/photos/photo?photoid=96026898

ROKON, Go ANYWHERE!!!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Most excellent! Welcome to the portal.

Just to let you know, I came in 3rd place with my 2008 Trailbreaker in a mud run for ATVs. There were many Quads, 3 wheelers, 4x4 sidebysides, 2 Quads on tracks, a few motocross bikes, a snowmobile and a modified TerraJet...

The winner was a snowmobile, and second place was a Quad on tracks. Aside from the Rokon, no other vehicles finished the race...

There aren't many photos of this years mud run but check out the 2007 and 2008 albums too.

http://www.freewebs.com/poltimorefair/apps/photos/photo?photoid=96026898

ROKON, Go ANYWHERE!!!

atavuss

Adventurer
I looked at those a few years ago, cool bike. Then I remembered 1960's technology, although easy to keep running. I think there was another similar one called a mule?

are you thinking of a M274 military mule? these were Vietnam era. I have a 1969 M274 Mule
fourthofjulyparade%28Small%29.jpg

wild1

Adventurer
Rokons

I had a early 70's Rokon Trailbreaker that I kept at our hunting cabin for 20 years. It was great for dragging firewood, it pulled like a mule. I had a set of canvas horse panniers that fit over the back and you could haul a whole elk at one time,two quarters in the panniers and the front half strapped on top of the rear rack. I had some epic crashes hauling some of those loads out of the mountains. I gave it to a friend of mine when we got rid of the cabin and got a TW200. It will do most of what a Rokon would do but I still miss the old beast.

atavuss

Adventurer
Well, this thread prompted me to start looking for a Rokon, found a forest green 2007 Trailbreaker with only 5 hours on the tach/hour meter. The PO said he had not run it in over a year so he replaced the fuel and changed the engine oil (it has a electric start Kohler). The PO must have shorted the battery to ground because all electricals were dead when I got it. After a little troubleshooting I found a fuse that was blown, now it cranks but won't start so I need to troubleshoot more. I pulled the air filter and the carb is dirty so time to yank the carb and give it a cleaning. I still smell old fuel so I will drain and refill the tank also. The PO also gave me a single wheel trailer, a game carrier to replace the rear seat, and a Versa-Haul which is a rack to haul a motorcycle, it is mounted in a 2" reciever and has a ramp that allows you to push or motor your ride onto the rack.

Last edited:

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
On the top of your carb is a brass thing that looks like a jet screewed in from the outside. Pull it out and run a tiny wire thru it.

atavuss

Adventurer
I removed the carb yesterday and took it apart so I could blast it with carb cleaner. The bowl had lots of nasty stuff in it. I am going to pull the carb again this weekend and I will remove everything that will come off so I can really give it a good cleaning. I will pull out that screw that you mentioned above also, thanks for the info!

atavuss

Adventurer
looks like fun! good to see you guys wearing safety gear, usually when you see someone on a Rokon they don't even have a helmet on.

SamM

Adventurer
Are the Yamaha YF200R1 engines still available? I am wanting to purchase a new Rokon Trailbreaker as soon as I can finish up saving the rest of the money to buy one. I had been looking at buying a new Polaris ATV but I believe the Rokon would be a better vehicle for me. I'd like to get the street version. Rokon does sell a street legal version of the Trailbreaker.

SamM

postalWagon

Adventurer
I dont believe that Rokon sells a totally street legal model, as they all top out at 35 ish mph. If you want a street legal awd drive motorcycle get a Christini.

SamM

Adventurer
Yes, Rokon does in fact sell a street legal option for their moto-tractors. They sell the same Rokon models with the equipment needed to make them street legal as an option. I've already talked with Tom Blais about it. Not sure if it has turn signals but I can easily add those. I also just purchased an add-on dual sport wiring harness that comes with all the hook-ups needs to add lights, a horn and a keyed switch.

I have no desire to own a Christini.

EDIT: I live in a rural area, not a city. We have approximately 30 to 35 miles of local roads with a 30mph speed limit. The street legal Rokon would be perfect and I'd be legal while riding it locally. Unlike the renegade ATV riders that routinely break the law with their unlicensed 4-wheelers racing up and down the road.

Last edited:

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Are the Yamaha YF200R1 engines still available? I am wanting to purchase a new Rokon Trailbreaker as soon as I can finish up saving the rest of the money to buy one. I had been looking at buying a new Polaris ATV but I believe the Rokon would be a better vehicle for me. I'd like to get the street version. Rokon does sell a street legal version of the Trailbreaker.

SamM
I can still build Yamaha YF200R Rokon engines but the engine uses the same block as the Kohler 6HP and not the newer Kohler engines. I don't have a new bike to mock on up so you have to go at it alone. There may be some way to beef them up by now like with a real carb. The Yamaha is wicket and bulletproof but Harbor freight sells a China engine for dirt. Aftermarket parts to make it scream are also available so that's what people do now. It's not as good, reliable or as fast but it is really cheap. You can ask on RokonWorld but it's a clique of old timers bashing anything newer than the old junk they are used too and god forbid you spend a $20 bill to make your bike better. Still may be worth a search but you must dodge some old creeps. If you find a way to boost your new engine please let me know. I'll help you with my resources any way I can.

SamM

Adventurer
Thanks Stumpalump! I'll be in touch. I have noticed that larger displacement Kohler engines are available from Northern Tool & Equipment. Installing a bigger engine into the newer Rokon may be an option.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles