Rocky Mountain High

Trail Talk

The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullabye...

IMG_3236 copy.jpeg

Enjoyed 10 days on a slow tour of the Banff - Jasper corridor in our quest for snow. Lake Louise never fails to meet expectations...

IMG_4660 copy.jpegIMG_4670 copy.jpeg

The along the legendary Icefields Parkway and the Saskatchewan Glacier

IMG_3239 copy.jpeg

Then Jasper and Athabasca Falls

IMG_4680 copy.jpeg

IMG_4673 copy.jpeg

And we were very pleased to note that, for the first time, we finished a trip with the same coolant level in the hydronics system as when we started...no leaks!

Something rather odd occurred with our Bomar skylight hatch; the plastic sides of the interior frame are bowing inward. One side is more pronounced than the other. I am curious as to why and what might be the fix. Unfortunately we are off the manufacture's wimpy 1 year warranty period.

IMG_3741 copy.JPG

Another project was added when I stabbed my finger on an exposed screw of the recently installed counter lights while reaching into an upper cabinet. Seems easy enough to substitute a round head machine bolt. While I'm in there, I'll tidy up the wiring with conduit and a grommet to protect the power cable.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 11.33.52 AM.png

IMG_3749 copy.JPG

Plus a lot of little items in preparation for our next adventure along the ice roads from Ft McMurray to Ft Chipewyan and onwards to Wood Buffalo National Park and Ft Smith, including some fun with string.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 11.49.53 AM.png

ITTOG

Yes Lake Louise is always special. About three years ago I got to do a big hike there in the snow and 6F. It was a great time.

Jonnyo

Observer
The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullabye...

View attachment 705503

Enjoyed 10 days on a slow tour of the Banff - Jasper corridor in our quest for snow. Lake Louise never fails to meet expectations...

The along the legendary Icefields Parkway and the Saskatchewan Glacier

Then Jasper and Athabasca Falls

And we were very pleased to note that, for the first time, we finished a trip with the same coolant level in the hydronics system as when we started...no leaks!

Something rather odd occurred with our Bomar skylight hatch; the plastic sides of the interior frame are bowing inward. One side is more pronounced than the other. I am curious as to why and what might be the fix. Unfortunately we are off the manufacture's wimpy 1 year warranty period.

Another project was added when I stabbed my finger on an exposed screw of the recently installed counter lights while reaching into an upper cabinet. Seems easy enough to substitute a round head machine bolt. While I'm in there, I'll tidy up the wiring with conduit and a grommet to protect the power cable.

Plus a lot of little items in preparation for our next adventure along the ice roads from Ft McMurray to Ft Chipewyan and onwards to Wood Buffalo National Park and Ft Smith, including some fun with string.

such a beautifull place in the winter! and so quiet!!!! i was there with my wife a few years ago..but we didnt have the same ''luxury'' as you! love those winter trips!!!

1643924675350.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior