Rocksea - EarthCruiser CORE Total Composites Build

awheeler

Week 2 of our build is up on YouTube.

We had a great time at the Overland show in Flagstaff and have since been just chillin down south.

5c52581637ca8e517ef026e61f2b4dc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awheeler

Took a break from the build series and just wanted to share a bit about what we’re doing.
We’ve been hanging around Flagstaff ever since the expo.
Here’s a glimpse of what our daily life is like as we tackle overland in our new home.

Don’t worry more build content is coming.
Thanks for watching!

awheeler

In week 3 we tackled getting our fuel tank out to drill for our furnace pickup tube. It actually went rather smoothly considering the weather.

Mostly keeping up with your build on other platforms now, but just letting you know you've still got on audience here, too.

Eagerly awaiting the finished product and a retrospective.

awheeler

Decided to give one of these bargain Chinese DC(12v or 24v) air conditioners a try. For only $800 I figured what the heck.

I know you can get residential mini splits for that price but I just didn’t want something that big. The interior and exterior components are massive.

My plan is to break this unit down into the individual components to make for a compact install.

Here’s an unboxing as well as a disassembly of the AC. The install has gone well and should be charging with refrigerant later today. I’ll post a follow up video once I’m all done.

Budget DC Air Conditioner for Vanlife and Overland Trucks - 12 volt and 24 volt mini split system

awheeler

Well the verdict is in and so far I'm really liking this AC unit. It's surprisingly efficient, quiet, and very compact. I ran it for an hour with thermostat set at 70 degrees with an initial camper temp of 85 and was averaging 350 watts per hour. Outside temp was only 87 so that's probably on the low end of what to expect.

Here's a video of the install including a refrigerant charge and realtime energy use numbers.

wfv56

Well the verdict is in and so far I'm really liking this AC unit. It's surprisingly efficient, quiet, and very compact. I ran it for an hour with thermostat set at 70 degrees with an initial camper temp of 85 and was averaging 350 watts per hour. Outside temp was only 87 so that's probably on the low end of what to expect.

Here's a video of the install including a refrigerant charge and realtime energy use numbers.

Update on your build?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94