Rocksea - EarthCruiser CORE Total Composites Build

awheeler

Have you looked into 12 volt AC? Seems to it would be perfect with all that battery.

https://www.cruisencomfortusa.com/

I have but they actually are not efficient, require difficult mounting, and cost a fortune.
I recently spoke with a Demetic employee and they are working on Branding a mini split for rv’s. A $900 mini split that only pulls 400-500 watts is really hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awheeler

Hey thanks, That does look like a good ac unit.

My other reason for going with a split system is to make more room for solar.
So far on the roof I have one of your skylights and a maxair fan which lets me squeeze on 1200 of solar.

awheeler

So far on the roof I have one of your skylights and a maxair fan which lets me squeeze on 1200 of solar.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites

1200W is a lot! Cheers!

awheeler

This is the one i have and absolutely love it!!!

The pros far outweigh the cons!

It has a huge footprint, so it limited me to 2 huge solar panels instead of 3, but it was 110% worth it!
A lot of people are really liking that one. I honestly don't have room for a rooftop AC unfortunately.

I also want something that I can run off DC or be efficient enough to run off AC inverter. This one looks to pull quite a bit of power.

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
A lot of people are really liking that one. I honestly don't have room for a rooftop AC unfortunately.

I also want something that I can run off DC or be efficient enough to run off AC inverter. This one looks to pull quite a bit of power.

Unless you’re 100% committed to 1200w of solar, make room for it!! ?

I have 750 watts and I run it off a Victron Multiplus and it works flawless.

My entire camper is battery powered, induction stove, electric hot water heater, microwave, etc…. I have yet to ever get my batter bank below 50%

My .02

awheeler

Some good news on the build.... and that is, it's in the shop getting built! Wow about time, only 6 months late. I'll throw some pics up in a bit.

I also have been going in circles researching AC units that are efficient enough to run off batteries. I put together a little comparison article that might help some folks. I'm going back and forth between the Cruise N Comfort DC system or a residential mini-split.

awheeler

Unless you’re 100% committed to 1200w of solar, make room for it!! ?

I have 750 watts and I run it off a Victron Multiplus and it works flawless.

My entire camper is battery powered, induction stove, electric hot water heater, microwave, etc…. I have yet to ever get my batter bank below 50%

My .02
Any idea what it pulls for juice? The documentation on their site says 1500 watts.

Ninelitetrip

Some good news on the build.... and that is, it's in the shop getting built! Wow about time, only 6 months late. I'll throw some pics up in a bit.

I also have been going in circles researching AC units that are efficient enough to run off batteries. I put together a little comparison article that might help some folks. I'm going back and forth between the Cruise N Comfort DC system or a residential mini-split.

Does EC still install the Arctic Breeze in their current production?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Any idea what it pulls for juice? The documentation on their site says 1500 watts.

Well…. It’s a loaded question really.

Ive never seen it pull more than 700watts because the solar compensates for it while it’s running.

The thing a lot of people don’t take into account is how long a big load has to be run.

Example: last year I camped in over 100f weather for 3 days.

The composite panel boxes are so well insulated, running the AC on high for 2 hours cooled it down dramatically and kept it cool for hours. By the time I needed to put it back on, solar already had the battery back to 100%

Last edited:

Ninelitetrip

Yes they do or at least I've seen a few units sitting in the shop. I personally don't care for the aesthetics of the indoor unit but otherwise I'm sure they are great.

The Forest Air / Rollicool is interesting, price is right, I just wonder how easy it would be to separate the two units and run the coolant line, also the line is 10 feet, much more than needed.

I like the Cruise N Comfort but the $5,000 + entry price is steep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles