Rockpals Refridgerator

kwill

Observer
These guys have been selling battery packs and solar panels for a while but have recently added a 26 quart fridge. Here's a link:

I took out the 40% side of my 60/40 rear seat (2019 Tacoma) and it fits perfectly on a little platform I made. I haven't been able to test it much yet but it cooled down to 4C pretty quickly and is holding it there without having to cycle on very often. I've had it running about 48 hours now.
2ZzNRaG.jpg

Pn1t0QN.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Ya know for a budget priced fridge I really like this one, Although I own a few top of the line brands based on the pictures I would buy it in a heart beat, I like the big control panel which is great for people with declining vision, I also like the fact that every thing is over sized which makes for easy handling, (y)

Nice Fridge, Thanks for posting it,

kwill

Observer
It is plenty big for my wife and me. I have one of their battery packs on order to run it when the car is off. I'll report back after a ten day trip we have planned in July.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
It is plenty big for my wife and me. I have one of their battery packs on order to run it when the car is off. I'll report back after a ten day trip we have planned in July.
With careful packing with frozen foods you can get more than enough for 2 people for around 3 weeks, With my 47L I managed to pack enough for 43 days, With frozen foods put the contents in small sandwhich bags removing them from the shop packaging because there is too much wasted space inside those plastic shop packages and that makes it harder to freeze the food and wastes a lot of space, Ok.

Good luck and don't forget to give us an update after you and the good Lady have had a chance to put it through it's paces (y)

kwill

Observer
I went ahead and bought Rockpals little 330W battery and have been testing it the last couple of days. It went from 0% SOC to 100% in about 5 hours plugged into 110V AC. I then plugged the fridge in via the 12V DC socket and after 9 hours the SOC was at 60% and the fridge was still at 2 degrees Celsius. I then plugged it into 110V and left the fridge plugged in to the 12V DC socket. Everything still worked and the amperage going in exceeded the amperage draw of the fridge so the battery charged pretty quickly. This is all being done in my garage at about 90 degrees F ambient temperature.

I don't have a solar panel yet but that will be next. Overall I'm pleased with the performance of both the fridge and the battery so far. I need to test charging the battery with 12V DC input and via a solar panel.

Laps

These guys have been selling battery packs and solar panels for a while but have recently added a 26 quart fridge. Here's a link:

I took out the 40% side of my 60/40 rear seat (2019 Tacoma) and it fits perfectly on a little platform I made. I haven't been able to test it much yet but it cooled down to 4C pretty quickly and is holding it there without having to cycle on very often. I've had it running about 48 hours now.
2ZzNRaG.jpg

Pn1t0QN.jpg

I can't find any specific information on their website, such as what type of compressor does it use? And are you sponsored by Rockpals or receive the refrigerator/freezer from them for free? Thanks.

bluejeep

just a guy
just bought this frig to complement my other 2 smaller ones (nice for longer trips or for bringing other foods that i haven't had room for).

Are current owners of this unit still happy with their purchase?

bluejeep

just a guy
Some info for those who own the frig

Here's how to access other features of the frig, for instance to set the LED panel to read in F instead of C, do this.....
1) Press UP+Down+SET at the same time until the display shows E1
2) Then press the SET button until the display shows F
3) Then press the UP button to adjust back to degrees Celsius

That being said, I found the compressor wouldn't run if set to F, so don't do it I guess.

Here are the other settings available by pressing Up, Down and Set at the same time......

E1:Set the lower limit of the temperature--The default value:-20℃
E2:Set the upper limit of temperature--The default value:10℃
E3:Set the starting temperature of the compressor--The default value:1℃
E4:Set the compressor stop temperature-- The default value:1℃
E5:Set the start value of compressor delay--The default value:3min

mCwJr

Thanks, I ordered one of these and am hoping it shows up by the end of the month.

Edit: showed up just in time for the hurricane. I will report back when I can on how it performs.

Last edited:

kwill

Observer
I have run mine continuously since June and it has performed flawlessly running on both AC and DC current. I bought their little 330W battery pack and it works well too but the 12V socket is unregulated. Their 100W portable solar panels work really well too and I use it to recharge the battery pack and an AGM deep cycle battery in my trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles