Rock Slider Question: Demello Rock Crusher

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I'll be getting sliders on my truck this month, probably Demello's "Rock Crusher" for my 2004 Double Cab Toyota. My question for those that have them is whether or not they work well as steps for entry. Or do they get in the way?

Thanks.

devortex

Adventurer
I have the Demello hybrid sliders and I use them as a step to get in and a step to access my roof rack.

LBPtaco

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I have the rock crushers and they do work as a step, but I would recommend some grip tape of sorts as they are slippery when wet. They do stick out a little further than other sliders Iv'e seen, so my legs sometimes rub against them when I get out of the truck. This is only annoying when they are muddy/dirty and I'm wearing slacks, which sadly is an occasional requirement...

I can snap some pics if you would like.

devortex

Adventurer
Got any pics of them?

You can sort of tell in this shot. Ditto on LBP's comment above about rubbing against them when you get out. The hybrid style are unobtrusive but do the original function of protection, act as a step, good place to put the jack and manage to look cool too. I got the wrinkle finish powder coating that Demello offers and it is very slip resistant, even when wet. Nothing will stop you from sliding if it's muddy.

2012-03-30_16-31-33_388.jpg

phsycle

Adventurer
Have you looked at Trail Gear? I've got them on my Tacoma and the good thing about these is you can set them at any angle you want. So you can make them more horizontal for use as a step (which is what I did) or angle them up. You do need to have them welded or do it yourself. (just the legs).

4RunAmok

Explorer
You can sort of tell in this shot. Ditto on LBP's comment above about rubbing against them when you get out. The hybrid style are unobtrusive but do the original function of protection, act as a step, good place to put the jack and manage to look cool too. I got the wrinkle finish powder coating that Demello offers and it is very slip resistant, even when wet. Nothing will stop you from sliding if it's muddy.

Wow, another Oasis II RTT!! I love mine!

/hijack!

Owyhee H

Adventurer

2012-03-30_16-31-33_388.jpg

And a nice bike too......

devortex

Adventurer
Sorry for the thread hijack

Yep, the Oasis tent is awesome...great for one or two people and only weighs about 40 pounds!!

Bike is a Cannondale Slice. Picture is at the Oceanside pier. I was there over the weekend for the Ironman California 70.3 triathlon.

Hijack over.

4RunAmok

Explorer
Stuart,

I have Demello sliders on my truck, and while you can step on them to help you in or to stand on to reach something on top, the Demello's tend to be a bit more "tucked in" than some others out there, but stand out enough to say, save you from someone's door at the mall, or protect you on the trail. You won't be disappointed.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Thank you all for the replies. Even the hijack! I don't really need the step, but wondered how in the way they might be. I think that I'll keep a shop rag handy to wipe down any dust etc. before I get in whilst wearing nice pants (rare).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online