Rock Auto Parts

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
I need to some preventive maintenance this summer and my cousin has slated us to order from rockauto.com. Anyone know if this place has quality parts or are they junk? Anyone dealt with them?

Thanks for the input!

FWIW, mechanic has given a quote of about 700-800 to install new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, and install electric fans on thermal switch. Cousin has estimated parts from rockauto should be less than 100 (not including fans).

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I need to some preventive maintenance this summer and my cousin has slated us to order from rockauto.com. Anyone know if this place has quality parts or are they junk? Anyone dealt with them?

Thanks for the input!

FWIW, mechanic has given a quote of about 700-800 to install new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, and install electric fans on thermal switch. Cousin has estimated parts from rockauto should be less than 100 (not including fans).

Patrick,
They have been good to me. OEM or better; lots of name brands, gates, NGK, Timkin, ect at cheap prices. It is had to find companies that will ship to Alaska or shipping is often more than the part. For this reason I go through Rock Auto or Amazon as they ship cheap and fast.

BTW they give you a classic car magnet with every order. People see them on my file cabinet at work and know it is from Rock Auto.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Excellent! That's what I needed. My cousin has well over 400k miles on his Ranger and has rebuilt the engine himself at least once as well as done some body work and other mechanical repairs on other vehicles. He's no idiot...just a little touched in the head sometimes. lol

bonomonster

Adventurer
RockAuto has been pretty great to me. They usually have a really a large assortment of manufacturers and a large selection of parts. For example, if you look up brake pads you'll find 25 or more choices compared to a local auto placed that might have 4-5 choices. There prices are really good and shipping is usually pretty quick, like 2-3 days, and I've had stuff sooner sometimes.

Here's a discount code for 5% off.... I think its good till the end of June. Use it as much as you want and pass it around. To use, just type into the "How did you hear about us" box at checkout.

Code: 1428372111551679

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Check out Courtesyparts.com as well, if you need some hard to find Nissan OEM part.

Courtesy has given me no courtesy with there shipping charges to Alaska. They are on par with my local Nissan parts counter plus some. They wanted something like $45 bucks for a licenses plate light assembly all said and done. I know I can ship a 4oz item for under $5 but some how they think it will cost $25. They will not work with other shipping methods to make their parts affordable. So I'll pass, not worth my time to even call them anymore.

Just my $.02 incase you find yourself on a real expedition and need a part in the boonies. with Rock Auto and Amazon you should get everything you need.

txfactor76

Observer
I've had good luck with them, but I'm also only 3hrs away. Ever since my local dealer started online parts ordering, I've just used them and opted for free local pickup. They get their parts from the same warehouse as Courtesy, so it's even faster.

But yes, RockAuto and Amazon serve me very well. Typically, I will search on RockAuto to get the part number, then search on Amazon with the part number. (If you try to search for part name and vehicle model, it usually turns up empty.) Can't beat $4 next-day shipping!

IrishXJ

Observer
I'll have to try this

Hadn't tried that, yet. I've been doing the same thing looking at ARB products as of late. Amazon Prime is simply amazing at times. Unfortunately, I've removed it from my favorites tab. Everytime I go on there, I add something to my cart and the balance just gets bigger and bigger...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior