Rock and Roll beds?

sixbennetts

Adventurer
We're installing the lid from a FlipPac camper on the roof of our Tgb11 in the spring which will give us a queen size bed up top.

TgbFlippac.jpg

But I'd also like to install some kind of couch/bed in the far back. I've seen them with seatbelts so it could still be used for passengers, but having a place for the grandkids down below would be handy. Be nice too for nights when it's nasty or really windy and we don't want to open the top.

Quilted-RR-469x455.jpg

quilted-flat.jpg

Anybody tried to install any of these in a Tgb or Pinz? If they can put 'em in VW's and conversion vans, why not one of our trucks?

Any sources you guys know of?

762X39

Explorer
Ok, now I am interested as well. It looks like the seats in my brothers boat (without the seatbelts). Where do they come from?:coffee:

sixbennetts

Adventurer
I just Googled folding seats and these came up, but they're made in UK so shipping would be a killer. I think the price was close to £2000! Needless to say we need a cheaper alternative.

Rock and Roll beds are only 2 sections, though. The third section is the engine cover in a Volkswagen bus. So we'd need some kind of 3 section folding beds in order for it to be long enough to sleep, but still comfortable enough for watching movies inside when the weather is bad.

C'mon ExPoers, I know there's folks out there with ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles