Robinson Fuso fire

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Just wanted to let our friends know that we suffered a catastrophic fire at our house in North Carolina on Thursday night. The house is a total loss but the hard work of several area fire departments kept the fire from reaching our Fuso, though it is quite singed on the passenger side.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Holy crap Jon - I hope everyone's all right.

Truck looks singed, but parts are replaceable. Sorry to hear about the house.

pugslyyy

Holy crap Jon - I hope everyone's all right.

Truck looks singed, but parts are replaceable. Sorry to hear about the house.

yeah there was not a lot the fire fighters could do about the house so they focused on saving what they could. The Fuso took a lot of heat (all the plastic trim melted) but the windows didn't blow out. I have a 2001 Range Rover that we bought brand new in December 2000 that took a lot heavier damage (wheels burst, glass blown out) but we will bring it back too.

unkamonkey

Explorer
I thought I was having a crappy year. I suppose it's not that bad after all. At least I still have a house to live in.

Good luck.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
So Jon, I guess that you have a few more projects to work on now. :Wow1:
On the plus side... at least no one was hurt.

ebbs

Observer
Holy ****! sorry to hear that! glad to hear your Fuso made it, but hope nothing irreplaceable was lost.

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Jon sorry to read this and glad you and yours are safe. This is what I do for a living and see a lot of lose, keep your chin up and focus on the positives and your family and friends. Long road but you'll get there.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Sorry to hear about your house. Glad the Fuso survived. At least you have a place to live.

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
Oh my. . .what a terrible thing to have happen. Glad your Fuso did not sustain irreparable damage, but so sorry your house is a loss. I didn't get to talk to you at Overland Expo but was camped just over from you and was packing up my van and trailer same time as you were the last morning. Enjoyed your presentation on traveling to the Canadian Arctic and learned quite a bit I had not known before; good prep for my own trip there.

Thinking good things for you both. . .

pugslyyy

Oh my. . .what a terrible thing to have happen. Glad your Fuso did not sustain irreparable damage, but so sorry your house is a loss. I didn't get to talk to you at Overland Expo but was camped just over from you and was packing up my van and trailer same time as you were the last morning. Enjoyed your presentation on traveling to the Canadian Arctic and learned quite a bit I had not known before; good prep for my own trip there.

Thinking good things for you both. . .

Ah okay, I think I remember seeing you! Glad the classes were useful - the Canadian Arctic is so huge it is tough to distill the experience down to a few meaningful points. Hope you have a great trip up there, it really is a great destination.

pugslyyy

Hope everyone and the pets are safe

Thanks we are tired but safe. No pets for about a year now so no losses there thank goodness.

I got up on the roof today and realized how lucky we are to still have it. There are some pretty good burns in the fiberglass, and everything that was plastic is gone. Skylight, vent covers, refrigerator vent, AC shroud, trim, fuel cans, camper trim, side lights, cab trim, window trim, everything. The fire department put a class a effort into saving the camper - I am amazed by how much heat the exterior took.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles