Roaming Lost: 2022 RAM 3500

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Never quite understand what takes them so long on some of their parts and concepts. That bumper was shown, what, two years ago? Go Fast Campers completely redesigned their camper and assembly line in that time. Probably just comes down to priorities. Then again, I'm not in manufacturing, so I have no idea of what goes into that kind of thing.

They already exist but they are only available on full factory trucks. They've told me that production vehicles take precedent over individual parts sales and some of them don't agree with that philosophy. They did say that the wrap bars are backwards compatible so you can add them at a later date when they finally produce enough of them to sell a few to us peasants lol.

roaminglost

They already exist but they are only available on full factory trucks. They've told me that production vehicles take precedent over individual parts sales and some of them don't agree with that philosophy. They did say that the wrap bars are backwards compatible so you can add them at a later date when they finally produce enough of them to sell a few to us peasants lol.
cant say id agree with that philosophy

ricoisme26

Probably the profit margin on a full build vs parts. They might also be geared to building each part by hand so to speak instead of having jigs, fixtures, etc to run off parts. Same personnel putting lifts and other upgrades to the full build trucks could be the same guy that is their in house welder for fab components. He can take 4 hours and make a bumper for the full build truck because that labor cost gets soaked up in the labor cost of the full build. Taking time away from working on the truck to make parts for individual sale isn't as lucrative.

Could be one of those reasons, could be a combination of all the above reasons.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Probably the profit margin on a full build vs parts. They might also be geared to building each part by hand so to speak instead of having jigs, fixtures, etc to run off parts. Same personnel putting lifts and other upgrades to the full build trucks could be the same guy that is their in house welder for fab components. He can take 4 hours and make a bumper for the full build truck because that labor cost gets soaked up in the labor cost of the full build. Taking time away from working on the truck to make parts for individual sale isn't as lucrative.

Could be one of those reasons, could be a combination of all the above reasons.

They get their bumper parts in bulk orders.

UglyViking

I always get a little jealous of you guys out west with all your clear mountain views and space to take rigs of this size through. Great pics man, how are you digging the new rig and camper? Everything you hoped it would be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles