Roaming Lost: 2022 RAM 3500

UglyViking

She's a big gal! I like the bumper, curious if they plan to turn it into a production model it or if it's gonna be a one off? You mentioned it used the Power Wagon winch mount somewhere or am I making that up? (curious to the winch size in there)

Also, curious why you went with a hard top and not a pop top camper? I see so many 4wheel campers and not a ton of hard sides.

roaminglost

She's a big gal! I like the bumper, curious if they plan to turn it into a production model it or if it's gonna be a one off? You mentioned it used the Power Wagon winch mount somewhere or am I making that up? (curious to the winch size in there)

Also, curious why you went with a hardtop and not a pop-top camper? I see so many 4wheel campers and not a ton of hard sides.
agreed it's a big truck, were sitting at about 10.5' so could be worse.

The bumper is one-off right now they will gauge how much interest they get and go from there. I'd recommend hitting them up and getting on their list. My truck isn't a power wagon. but a diesel 3500. so they made the winch mount in their design. I have a 12s in there. Wish I had a 16.5 but they're hard to come by.

The camper choice was a mixture of things. one being wait times are insane. The other is prices are insane. FWC was an option but the price for what it is didn't match up for me in value.
The scout should prove and already has proven to be better insulated. has better features like the windows and whatnot. but it has its cons. mainly lack of amenities but if you're buying a scout you know it's a minimalist setup. But the biggest reason we wanted it was the ease of retrofitting things. were going to do a 300ah battery with redarc setup inside which shouldn't be hard to swap. among other things.

UglyViking

I know your truck is a diesel but I thought I read somewhere about the power wagon winch mount or winch, I must be misremembering. Do you know if a 16.5 would fit? I'm not in a rush and am currently exploring options. I really dig the AEV look, but it's def not the best in terms of additional approach angle (I think you actually lose a bit). I also like the ExpoOne option, but I've heard some pretty concerning pieces of feedback especially around the durability of their coating. The look of this is pretty attractive to me overall and think the lines would probably match my RSI pretty well.

Fingers crossed this camper treats you well. I keep toying with the idea of a flatbed with 4wheel camper but for the cost it's a hard sell. I don't take enough trips for long enough that it would be worth my while, the one thing that does make me consider it is the insulation aspect, especially for late fall through early spring.

Either way, excited to watch the build and the trips you take. I enjoyed your 1500 so eager to see what things the 3500 opens for you. Got anything else major planned for the truck outside the battery setup?

roaminglost

I know your truck is a diesel but I thought I read somewhere about the power wagon winch mount or winch, I must be misremembering. Do you know if a 16.5 would fit? I'm not in a rush and am currently exploring options. I really dig the AEV look, but it's def not the best in terms of additional approach angle (I think you actually lose a bit). I also like the ExpoOne option, but I've heard some pretty concerning pieces of feedback especially around the durability of their coating. The look of this is pretty attractive to me overall and think the lines would probably match my RSI pretty well.

Fingers crossed this camper treats you well. I keep toying with the idea of a flatbed with 4wheel camper but for the cost it's a hard sell. I don't take enough trips for long enough that it would be worth my while, the one thing that does make me consider it is the insulation aspect, especially for late fall through early spring.

Either way, excited to watch the build and the trips you take. I enjoyed your 1500 so eager to see what things the 3500 opens for you. Got anything else major planned for the truck outside the battery setup?
not sure on the 16.5 until I get one we would test fit it again at a later date. I waited on the aev full brush but they said there's no release date so I gave up on that one. also considered the exp one but the wait time was a while. and could always get delayed...

4wc and flatbed is a pretty expensive route. Our camper is quoted at 24k which is FAR less than an FWC. So we're able to work with a company to produce a flatbed for the Scout that doesn't sacrifice height. (drop bed) and will provide a ton of storage. that'll be the next big install...

UglyViking

I love AEV stuff but they are def going through a ton of delays, and are generally noted for their delays on product launches, so while hopeful I'm also realistic that if I wanted that this year, I'd probably be out of luck. I agree on the flatbed and camper being a spendy route for sure. I think it's great as a dedicated setup, but not something I'd be doing with it. It doesn't matter much to me as I'll be using an RSI cap for the foreseeable future.

Can't wait to see the next setup man!

roaminglost

I love AEV stuff but they are def going through a ton of delays, and are generally noted for their delays on product launches, so while hopeful I'm also realistic that if I wanted that this year, I'd probably be out of luck. I agree on the flatbed and camper being a spendy route for sure. I think it's great as a dedicated setup, but not something I'd be doing with it. It doesn't matter much to me as I'll be using an RSI cap for the foreseeable future.

Can't wait to see the next setup man!
The delays allow for others to swoop in and make something awesome ;) but aev generally is a decent option.
flatbed campers def would be a live out of setup for me otherwise its alot of money to spend on something that is just here and there. you know?
RSI is a hell of a choice tho slap a alucab or some kinda RTT and be done with it for far less.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Looks great. Love seeing someone else get into the full size game for a full wrap bumper, hopefully Dissent brings them to market. I agree, it needs to be compatible with a 16.5k winch for these trucks.

bikelanta

Adventurer
I waited on the aev full brush but they said there's no release date so I gave up on that one.
Never quite understand what takes them so long on some of their parts and concepts. That bumper was shown, what, two years ago? Go Fast Campers completely redesigned their camper and assembly line in that time. Probably just comes down to priorities. Then again, I'm not in manufacturing, so I have no idea of what goes into that kind of thing.

roaminglost

Never quite understand what takes them so long on some of their parts and concepts. That bumper was shown, what, two years ago? Go Fast Campers completely redesigned their camper and assembly line in that time. Probably just comes down to priorities. Then again, I'm not in manufacturing, so I have no idea of what goes into that kind of thing.
Yeah I’m not sure. They offer the full brush if you buy a whole aev truck lol. But that’s the only way to get one. Another product is their 5th gen snorkel. Where’s that at!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles