Roaming Lost: 2022 RAM 3500

roaminglost

Howdy,

Which version of those steps did you get? And did you bolt the entire step on or just the "Upgrade Bracket"?

CatButt

Observer
I apologize...I was responding to a more recent post from you...I was referring to the rear steps for camper...the folding ones.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
No issues. They do what they’re suppose to but I was running them at 90psi max ok airbags is 100 psi. Still had sag. So definitely a bandaid in my case.
Bags at 90 psi are like riding on bumpstops.
What's your rear axle weight? Nice setup and the Torklift steps are the best.

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I've found airbags are very progressive. So, they ramp up the spring rate quickly, with very little travel. Just ok on the street, but still harsh off-pavement. There are long travel bags that would be better.

I've thought of using big-port bags that you can hook up to a remote air tank to make them less progressive with the increased volume. Maybe install a valve or an orifice to change the rate.
I've had Carli bags since their inception along with their mini paks. The XXD Deavers look nice. I have a rear axle load of 4000# with my 2200# Northstar camper.

roaminglost

Camper/Starlink got a significant upgrade today.
I always had to fuss with the cables and crack a window or the hatch, which allowed bugs or whatever In. Plus, having the cabling run through the camper was a tad annoying. So today, I chopped It up and ran the cable to a waterproof connection on the back of the camper.
I also wrapped the cable In 1/4 PET so its a tad bit more durable.
Here Is a parts list:
www.shorturl.at/djrv2 (waiting on this part, but it'll be the pass-through from the inside of the camper to the storage cabinet.
www.shorturl.at/exILM
www.shorturl.at/hUXZ2
www.shorturl.at/gvLZ3
www.shorturl.at/qHLPQ
www.shorturl.at/cqxyR
www.shorturl.at/ptyN0
DSC00202.jpgDSC00203.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz