Roamer Fiberglass TC for sale $12k

andytruck

Observer
I have a slide-in TC for sale. It is a fiberglass gel-coat molded body.
$14,000

2005 Roamer
Fiberglass Slide-In Truck Camper
Very rare beauty. A must see!
Very solid built camper.

Weight 1,800

Fiberglass foam core construction, like a surf board. Impervious to water damage, and no leaks. Sleek and modern.

Electric wireless remote control jacks; motors were added Spring 2019. Can use hand cranks also.

Fits an 8 foot bed. Should work with some half ton trucks since it is only 1,800 lbs. Better on 3/4 ton. Might work on a 6 foot bed with tailgate down.

13,500 btu AC unit. Dometic PENGUIN.

Shower, toilet, sink in the bathroom,
Kitchen sink, oven 3-burner range, water pump, Fantastic fan, Fan shroud (keep vent always open), small exhaust fan over bed.
Closet, cabinets for storage.
Table lowers to make bed.
26 gallon fresh water.
black and gray waste tanks.
6 gallon propane water heater, auto ignition.
Propane furnace, ducted into bathroom also.
LED lights as well as traditional lights, there is LED light strip above the kitchen.
Multiple AC & DC outlets around
Pleated blinds, very nice.
porch light
beautiful kitchen with 2 basin sink and wand.
double bed up top.
1000/2000 watt inverter.
3-Way Dometic Refrigerator.
2 100-watt Solar panels on roof.
PWM solar controller.
Interstate marine 12v battery.
Battery converter/charge controller.

The upper bed has this stuff http://www.doityourselfrv.com/prevent-under-mattress-mold-hypervent/
under the mattress to prevent moisture build up. See pic #20 for the ventilation system for under mattress.

I added the wood board next to the upper mattress to look nice, retain the bedding and added a little storage.
The wood stain matches perfectly (a little red dye in the polyurathane). You can see the before and after pics in the photos, before pics are small.

I added a beam across the ceiling to add support for the AC unit. All fiberglass campers suffer from years of sag under the AC unit, so this should have been done at the factory. I slowly raised (jacked up) the roof over 5 weeks before adding the beam. Epoxy resin and 4 bolts. This should never sag.

The shape is very aerodynamic. No right angles to hurt your mpg, so the air flow easily around the wide radius corners. The camper slants in like an automobile, so looks stylish but also clears trees much better, and is less frontal area helping mpg. With the setup in pic #2 I generally get 15-16mpg thanks to the aero shape, and as high as 18 in a perfect world. Truck is diesel.

Trailer plug is a flat-5 that exits the under rear of the camper (at the truck bumper) and also has a factory 6-pin plug socket at the front of the camper. If you want a flat-4 then there are adapters or we can splice in a 4 (the 5th pin is for reverse lights). To use the 6-pin you need a 10 foot cord to reach. The factory 6-pin has no advantage, but it comes with the camper end of the plug to use if you want.

This is a great camper, but I have traded my truck for a mid-size and not traveling anymore.

*The roof AC pictured is a 9,200 BTU unit, but I put on a 13,500 BTU unit (I used pics I already had since camper is under the cover now).
* The smaller photos are from the dealership's site from when I bought it, but they are good pics of this camper...
*Picture #5 #3 has the electric jacks, which I added later (not shown in all the pics).
*The solar panels have corrugated plastic panels under and strips of corrugated plastic under that so they get airflow 100% under to keep them cool, thus the Eternabond tape; beware panels attached directly to a roof.

not to be confused with Earth R oamer

Truck not included.
I have it advertised on crglst, but not allowed to post the link probably. Lots of pics there on Atlanta Ga General For Sale.

Attachments

• TruckRoamer.jpg
    TruckRoamer.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 582

andytruck

Observer
I have a brand new old-stock Thetford porta-pottie still in the original box, unused, that I have for sale at $45.
I have another used one I used for a few years, but got to where a trash bag and a bucket was easier for me to dispose of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94