Roam About with "Big Hank"

hurstjd

Adventurer
Hey Park. The latest blog post photos are spectacular. I can't wait to get up there some day. I'm with JerryYukonMontana. Sounds like you need a BigFoot. :)

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Hey Park.....so here I am getting ready to call it a day as I lie here in the bed of my pick up in southeast Montana checking out your blog. Thanks for posting more amazing photographs. You're incredibly talented. I think you may need one of these Bigfoot 4x4's.....

Thanks for the compliment on the pics. I've never seen one of those Bigfoot rigs in that configuration but I would think it would be a well rounded rig. May still have some limitations due to its size off road but what a sweet looking set up. Was it older or something new?

Hey Park. The latest blog post photos are spectacular. I can't wait to get up there some day. I'm with JerryYukonMontana. Sounds like you need a BigFoot. :)
Thanks. It's a place you should certainly put on your bucket list.

UHAULER

Explorer
Great pics , looks like you are having the time of your life. Have you thought about doing a 4wd conversion on the Chinook. MGmetalworks has a really nice kit for the front axle and he is in the northwest.

arpisme

parkkitchings said:
I've been idle for awhile with the roaming about but Friday night we decided to load up the Chinook and leave within the hour...
Just wondering if you sold your truck/camper or just added the Chinook to the fleet?
Were you after more space?
Love the writeups and pics!
cheers,
alex

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Just wondering if you sold your truck/camper or just added the Chinook to the fleet?
Were you after more space?
Love the writeups and pics!
cheers,
alex
No, kept the Toyota and FWC. Chinook was kind of an impulse buy since it was a good deal and in perfect shape. It's got it's place but also has its limitations. It's really well built and comfortable if you don't need to take it too far off road. Gravel forest service roads are fine but anything above that and you'll trash it. Thanks for the compliments on the write up and pics on the blog. Glad to know someone is looking at it.

Cent

Observer
OK, wow!
I just happened to stumble over this thread a few days ago and finally finished it. Thanks for the amazing insights you provide us with! Really like your style of writing and your photography skills are impressive! Looking forward to following you along.

parkkitchings

Adventurer
OK, wow!
I just happened to stumble over this thread a few days ago and finally finished it. Thanks for the amazing insights you provide us with! Really like your style of writing and your photography skills are impressive! Looking forward to following you along.
Thanks, appreciate the compliment.

Texas Aggie

Observer
As always great pics and write up. I loved Hans' sign: "If a man says he will fix something, he will. No need to remind him every 6 months." :)

Recommended books for Overlanding

We Will Be Free: Overlanding In Africa and Around South A...
by Mr Graeme Robert Bell
From $20
Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $14.59
Jupiters Travels: Four Years Around the World on a Triumph
by Ted Simon
From $21.83

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Update to the blogsite

Three weeks ago I was in the lush rainforest along the coast of British Colombia looking for grizzlies. This past week a friend of mine, Kurt, along with our faithful companions, Bo and Petey, were out exploring the high desert basin and Steen Mountain in eastern Oregon. Two vastly different areas but each with their own merits. To read more click on the link......

http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2016/10/eastern-oregon.html

Gravel Slinger

Observer
Still enjoying reading about your adventures ... I've heard of several good areas in Oregon lately, a place I've never really thought about going, but seriously considering now!