RoadTraveler.net is launched by Redline

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Wow! A lot of great effort put into the tests.

Will you continue the tests as the tires wear? My Duratracs were fairly quiet when new and I rotate at no later than 5K miles. As tire noise goes up I see the MPGs go down. I also think that at the point the tires get fairly noisy they are not performing as well in demanding offroad situations. More than once I have considered having two sets of tires but I imagine the cost breakpoint can be calculated so as to contrast extra tires versus mileage lost/gasoline costs.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Wow! A lot of great effort put into the tests.

Will you continue the tests as the tires wear? My Duratracs were fairly quiet when new and I rotate at no later than 5K miles. As tire noise goes up I see the MPGs go down. I also think that at the point the tires get fairly noisy they are not performing as well in demanding offroad situations. More than once I have considered having two sets of tires but I imagine the cost breakpoint can be calculated so as to contrast extra tires versus mileage lost/gasoline costs.

I will likely continue to run and measure wear on the ST MAXX, I much prefer that type of tread over a mudder or A/T.

Mykh

Outdoor Party Animal
That's a very detailed test and interesting read (I've always wondered about fuel impacts on a measured scale), well done Redline!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles