Road trip

mongosd2

Adventurer
gotta love free wifi...on a plane to BWI to pick up the 110. 2300 miles of nothing but fun driving back to the oven known as Tucson. Meeting with Doug at BWI to get the truck then gonna hook up with Gustavo, AKA Rugbier to discuss the finer points of Land Rovers and automatic weapons tonight then hit hard to get back to the oven for Turkey Day...if you see a blue 110 blazin' across country, that's me...

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Frank, what route are you taking? If you head south to catch up with i40 let me know and I will buy beers.

-Sam

Viggen

Just here...
Awesome. My dad made a trip across country twice in his 79 MGB. Should be fun. Enjoy the 25+ mpg.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
I've been cross country several times...but never at 25mpg plus

Regretfully like many I touch, I hadn't driven Franks truck until I went to the airport to pick him up in it. Its got a 1.6 tcase and anything over 50mph is pushing the tdi engine to an rpm where its not happy. Doubt he'll see much economy this trip. I wish him God Speed.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Regretfully like many I touch, I hadn't driven Franks truck until I went to the airport to pick him up in it. Its got a 1.6 tcase and anything over 50mph is pushing the tdi engine to an rpm where its not happy. Doubt he'll see much economy this trip. I wish him God Speed.

45 mph from Maryland to Arizona. A good old backroads trip. Even better . . . :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles