Expedition Portal Joins Sema build with @weldtecdesigns

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Chevrolet Express OEM leaf spring upgrade

Bronze looks good with the white. What size tires?

Thanks! I also Really like the Bronze wheels on the white. These tires are 245x70x17.

Next UP:
We have built a new OEM replacement mini leaf pack. We are putting it through the test now and looks to be holding up great without the harsh ride the stock rear leaf springs have. This simple upgrade will be an inexpensive upgrade to improve the stock setup or can be used with our rear add-a-leaf to give you an additional 2" of height. We will keep you posted on the results.

Thanks for following and the comments.

Jeremy

Last edited:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
The chrome had to go on the front and rear bumpers! Kaiden decided they had to be black and I agreed 100%. Here is the new look.

I think he may have made a few other changes, i just cant put my finger on what else he did. HEHE

bgstash

Do you plan on fully converting the interior? One struggle I am having is that the curtain airbags run from the front seats to the last bench seat in the newer Express passenger vans. I am trying to decide if I should take them out completely or leave the headliner and try to build so that they could still deploy safely. I spoke with a dealership service center and they said they would not remove/replace with just front due to the safety liability. Would love ideas/thoughts here.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Did you paint the bumper, if so what did you use. Thanks
We powder coated the front and rear Black to eliminate the Chrome.

The latest upgrade we have just completed is a Driver and Passenger seat upgrade/conversion. If you own a Chevrolet Express you know how uncomfortable the stock seats are, or at least that how I feel. After searching the wrecking yards for days looking for a seat that would be comfortable and easy to modify in order to fit, nothing really got me excited. Most wrecking yards wanted 200-300 for a used seat which is just silly for something that may even be a color that was not acceptable.
Here was my simple cost guess:
Stock replacement seat= $200/400
New upholstery $300 ea (cloth & vinyl) $500 Leather
Seat frame mod= $100ea
I would loose the airbag feature in the seats and the power controls if i had them or need to modify the electrical.
Total cost of seat cluster = $600 on the low and $900+ High if i'm really picky, which I am because this is my Driving THROWN.....

This is what i think a better alternative is:

This is a stock seat with the top cut off and widened for more back support, the top now features a adjustable head rest. The material is a high grade Italian leather and is ultra comfortable hence the new name. You have the ability to choose your colors and stitching, I went with black and charcoal on my seats with white stitching.

This seat as pictured is running about $975 and well worth it every time I am driving, however Kaiden is upset i don't have his finished yet. Stay tuned for our second row is next.

I will post more pics of them installed and other colors

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/...ce=0d43da289f&_thumbnail_id=6261&preview=true

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Are you guys ready for this years Sema Build? Kaiden is really excited to continue the build on our van and really wants Lightforce Lights on the van and his Power wheels truck. We hope that you all will follow this build in this thread and on our social media pages.
We will be adding a overview of what our build will consist of and see how much we can get done in 90 Days.
Kaiden has a new haircut and ready to get busy building this 2016 Chevrolet Express 3500 with his new competitive metals work shirt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94