RLD Shower Cube

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
RLD announced they are coming out with a Shower Curtain on instagram.

Anyone have more information about this new offering?

1587747228968.png

tenebs

I have the Quick Pitch shower for many years. In comparing the two the quick pitch has longer side panels and they are height adjustable. I think this gives much more mounting flexibility on vehicle mounting. If you have to mount it higher you can lower the panels closer to the ground. The RLD has a fixed distance from the mount to the ground so if you have to mount higher then the curtain will be higher from the ground. The overall length of the quickpitch curtain is longer. A 6'2" person in the quick pitch won't have his head above the top in my setup but from the RLD video the guy's head is partially above the curtain. The RLD is a nice design but I think the curtain to ground length adjustability of the quickpitch is better. I've moved mine from my older rig to my new one and a simple strap adjustment placed the quickpitch curtain at the desired height.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have the Quick Pitch shower for many years. In comparing the two the quick pitch has longer side panels and they are height adjustable. I think this gives much more mounting flexibility on vehicle mounting. If you have to mount it higher you can lower the panels closer to the ground. The RLD has a fixed distance from the mount to the ground so if you have to mount higher then the curtain will be higher from the ground. The overall length of the quickpitch curtain is longer. A 6'2" person in the quick pitch won't have his head above the top in my setup but from the RLD video the guy's head is partially above the curtain. The RLD is a nice design but I think the curtain to ground length adjustability of the quickpitch is better. I've moved mine from my older rig to my new one and a simple strap adjustment placed the quickpitch curtain at the desired height.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Great notes; much appreciated to the rest of us reading up on these options!

I watched their video and I am disappointed that there is no top or roof. Maybe its me but I want a roof or cover for extra privacy.

sn_85

Observer
I watched their video and I am disappointed that there is no top or roof. Maybe its me but I want a roof or cover for extra privacy.

I don't know any of the shower cubes that have a top cover. And TBH someone would probably have to be up in a tree or something to even look down into the cube. If you're looking for something with a cover you could probably just get one of the shower tents.

I don't know any of the shower cubes that have a top cover. And TBH someone would probably have to be up in a tree or something to even look down into the cube. If you're looking for something with a cover you could probably just get one of the shower tents.

I think one of the Australian companies was adding a roof to theirs. I watched the video but I am not sure if they sell it separately. If I can find a link I will post it. It was large as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles