Rivian R1T (pickup) vs. R1S (SUV) for "overlanding"

NorthwestDriver

Looking over my neighbors Rivian and having lots of time in grandma’s T3. Rivian quality is a huge step up over Tesla fit and materials. Definitely a better sorted and built vehicle than Tesla. Also even living 30 minutes from Tesla factory getting any kind of repairs even glass replacement is a huge pain in the ******** and costly. Which is why I’d for a daily driver I’d easily go Ford Mach e far better parts support, hell even better wheel and tire choices for daily use vehicles. Tesla tire’s and wheels don’t do very well on beat up winter roads and are $$$ to replace.

Is your neighbor an employee? Non-employee deliveries have been rare as hens teeth.

I live in Seattle and have yet to even see one driving on highway. I’d flip my lid if my neighbor had one I could check out in person.

We are on the list for one and were a little pissed about the increase but were going to wait it out. We got an e-mail from Rivian this morning saying that people on the list before the increase get to stay at old price. They quickly realized they shot themselves in the foot.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
The Rivian is incredibly capable but I'd want a tiny/light off road capable 4x4.
Sounds like Kia and others might have one in a few years.

View attachment 710261

THIS would be my choice.
If Prius had done this, I'd own one.
Kia quality is about on par with the big 3- not very good.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The Rivian is incredibly capable but I'd want a tiny/light off road capable 4x4.
Sounds like Kia and others might have one in a few years.

View attachment 710261

THIS would be my choice.
If Prius had done this, I'd own one.
How many munchkins can the back seat hold?

NorthwestDriver

Looking forward to my order a little less after that pricing debacle, but I’m glad Rivian attempted to unring the bell.

I think most people would have accepted a modest increase, especially if the company telegraphed it in advance, but an unsigned email telling you to check your account for price changes was a punch in the gut.

I have yet to see one on the road. Hopefully they start doing events again this spring.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Looking forward to my order a little less after that pricing debacle, but I’m glad Rivian attempted to unring the bell.

I think most people would have accepted a modest increase, especially if the company telegraphed it in advance, but an unsigned email telling you to check your account for price changes was a punch in the gut.

I have yet to see one on the road. Hopefully they start doing events again this spring.
Two in our tiny town. Based on those the quality fit finish seems better than Tesla which is meh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz