Rivian does the Trans America Trail

Superduty

Adventurer
I actually the saw a white one driving last Sunday. It was a head turner. Thankfully, I had read about about the Rivian prior to seeing it in the wild otherwise I'd still be scratching my head.

plh

Explorer
They must have spent extra days hanging out in hotels waiting to get charged. Or had large generator trucks meet them.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I have been really impressed with Rivian every since I watched "Long way up", using a couple of the first working proto types from them.

While they impressed me in that series they also illuminated how the lack of range and a charging grid in its infancy doesn't really make them viable for this type of travel very often and without very serious consideration to both shortcomings. I prefer the R1S and I am watching them as a company very closely, should I make a full electric purchase in the future they would be at the top of my list.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
While they impressed me in that series they also illuminated how the lack of range and a charging grid in its infancy doesn't really make them viable for this type of travel very often and without very serious consideration to both shortcomings. I prefer the R1S and I am watching them as a company very closely, should I make a full electric purchase in the future they would be at the top of my list.
Yup still a long way to go if you use this for extended travel or towing. The video of Doug demuro climbing the loose rock in San Diego was pretty impressive though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles