Rivan - Tank Turn

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
There are plenty of times I where I wish I'd had this feature.

Electric is going to add tons of new options.
Great for urban use but even with the range, finding a charging port in a big city when traveling would be stressful along with slow charging time.

My issue isn't the electric vehicle itself but getting it charged in the middle of nowhere when there is no charging station, it then becomes a 5000 pound paperweight.

I friend bought a Tesla recently and he popped up on a screen of a theoretical trip route and it showed all the eStations along the way - I was very surprised to see how many there were and apparently they are becoming very common. I have also seen them now in very small towns in the "middle of nowhere"... like Tonopah, Nevada - which is actually in the middle of nowhere! The good thing is, they keep adding eStations.

Project Ecarus

My issue isn't the electric vehicle itself but getting it charged in the middle of nowhere when there is no charging station, it then becomes a 5000 pound paperweight.
Couldnt agree more, it wont be that easy to find an EV fast charger or a normal wall plug where we all like to venture overland/offroad, nor will a small solar panel do. We are hoping to finish our first energy-autonomous 6x6 vehicle build by July/August to try and beat that challenge - with a lughtweight stowaway 14 kW solar plant that can recharge ca. 350km/10 hours offroad in a day day. Screenshot_20200516-200126.jpgwww.projectecarus.com/vehicle for details if anyone is interested. Wish us luck!

Lovetheworld

I have done two large roadtrips through Asia, and that was with 4x4s that have less range on diesel than the top model of Rivian. And it allowed me to get to enough places. Whenever you find a gas station there is also usually electricity, although that will be slow.

nyyankees588

not to unnecessarily bump this thread... but the latest towing test video from rivian is making it look pretty good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles