Ripchair

ColoradoBill

Adventurer
Did anyone catch Black Ops Brothers: Howe & Howe Tech on Discovery channel last night? They made a power wheelchair with tracks and gas powered, 14mph! It was pretty cool. I would love to take one out for a test drive. The user can drive their wheelchair into it so no transfers. I think it is a little large to be considered a power wheelchair, maybe an adapted ATV would be a better description.
Lance, call these guys up and get one donated to haul behind the WAVE…

Attachments

• RIPCHAIR.jpg
    RIPCHAIR.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 36

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
crazy,
I love it
I guess since I already have a trailer for the Action Trackchair then we are good to go.
Wonder if it could be made wide enough for power chairs to fit also?

Is that show still on?

they changed the name to "Black Ops Brothers" Nice...

those 2 were a bit ridiculous to watch.. but they sure did build some cool stuff..

gary in ohio

Explorer
I had not see them in a while, but happened across the ripchair this weekend.
That was interesting but wonder how practical it really is going to be.

loren85022

Explorer
UK Man and his tank . . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1347133/Disabled-man-banned-using-road-tank-wheelchair-killjoy-DVLA-chiefs.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Pretty interesting article about how the tank chair isnt fitting into the description of a wheelchair across the pond.

article-0-0CC19936000005DC-392_634x397.jpg

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
It's really cool and exciting but a low profile would have been a whole lot better than those guys ripping thru the mud and blasting up dunes. Basically it put's these chairs into the same catagory as an ATV. I wonder if the guy in the electric chair would have fared better if they profiled him on a socerfield or grassy dry fairgrounds. It sad that this technology is getting killed right out of the gate and the users and builders are their own worse enemy.
FWIW. I fool around with the Rokon Trailbreaker 2 wheel drive motorcycle. It's designed and built to go where no other vehicle can go. One of the published sales pitches is that it has less enviromental impact than a human footprint due to the lower pounds per square inch on the ground. That's due to the large floatation type tires. I'm sure the same could be said about the track chairs but when you show them blasting thru the mud and spinning on a dime who will belive them? Damage controll at this point could consist of the whole PSI thing if it's not too late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior