RIP 2011 LR4 Kilt by a cell phone and a neon. In a subdiviso

Model97

You have more faith then I do! lol.....

Good thing nobody's kids were playing in their own yard when she was learning her valuable lesson! Five kids have been killed in residential neighborhoods here in my local SoCal area over the last three years, three of which were by teenagers on cell phones, the other two drunk drivers in the daytime. Dramatic?!?! Maybe, but I don't have the same faith as you do is all I'm saying.

Anywho, like I said, get that kit off and ready for the new wagon! Good luck, glad nobody was hurt!

Exactly. Thats what I told her. She was lucky she didn't kill someone. Five houses down there is a yard sign that says "drive like your kids live here"

Model97

Totaled out with what they could assess, and there was more damage related to suspension that wasn't even detailed out yet. I can't complain, the offer was what i paid for it a year ago. Still a major pita.

Model97

I'm going to be selling full frontrunner rack, ladder, hitch. LR3 18" spare with a nice tire, a $^%#%# IID tool that i JUST bought, rear cargo retractable cover. In SW Michigan if anyone is interested.

Appreciate the condolences. In lieu of flowers please make donations to the LR4 disabled by moronic young people charity fund.

Model97

Grab the wrenches and transfer to another LR. You won't be happy with any other vehicle.
I'm angling that direction. Might get a 3 and save some $$. Went thru the hassle of getting 18" rims and spacers etc. I couldn't salvage those. Don't really want to go thru that again.

Model97

My beloved 4 has been reborn as an almost identical (color anyway) 2008 LR3. I came close to getting an LX470 but it fell through. I'm happy with this one. The 4.4 is super quiet. Not going to put the FR rack back on. I couldn't' hear myself think with that thing. Any feedback on the effectiveness of their wind fairing??

Jwestpro

Explorer
My beloved 4 has been reborn as an almost identical (color anyway) 2008 LR3. I came close to getting an LX470 but it fell through. I'm happy with this one. The 4.4 is super quiet. Not going to put the FR rack back on. I couldn't' hear myself think with that thing. Any feedback on the effectiveness of their wind fairing??

So actually I heard someone recently mention how awesome the FR fairing works. It might've been someone as picky as you and I, maybe the guy in NoVA ... @Ray_G ? I am planning to try one on my Hannibal rack when I get back to WA.

Silmarillion

Observer
So actually I heard someone recently mention how awesome the FR fairing works. It might've been someone as picky as you and I, maybe the guy in NoVA ... @Ray_G ? I am planning to try one on my Hannibal rack when I get back to WA.

The FR one is fantastic! I was driving down the highway with the sunroof open this morning and was admiring how quiet it was. It's probably better than it was before the rack. Do not buy one of their racks without the wind fairing!

Ray_G

Explorer
I had a 3/4 FR rack w/no fairing-it was loud. Switched to Prospeed, which is silent. Added RTT which has created some wind noise but that's ok.

Def concur that the FR fairing is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne