RIP 2011 LR4 Kilt by a cell phone and a neon. In a subdiviso

Model97

Yes it was parked in the drive. Yes she came across the lawn. Yes she was going fast enough to slide that puppy 6-7'. Yes she was all shook up, airbags deployed, frantic and with cell phone in hand. Insurance is indicating a total loss, will get numbers tomorrow.

Av8tr

I think she’s doing it wrong.... from the looks of it if that lr wasn’t there she wold have taken out the mail box! Close one..

Swedjen

No skid marks? She was on her cell, hammered or both. Did the cops have a dog check her car? This is Guantanamo worthy for her.

merr1ca

Aww heck! Sorry man, glad nobody got hurt. She must not have been going that fast.

If it is totaled, what's next?

Yep.....on her cell phone. File a lawsuit for damages and property damage and the court can subpoena her cell phone records! Just had this happen up the street from me! Kid ran into the back of a parked car and then tried to bail........hit and run!

Subdivisions are almost more dangerous than the freeways these days exactly because of this. So sorry for your loss, glad nobody was hurt!

On that note, take all of your kit off before you get it towed!

LKLK

Im sorry for your loss, on a side note, I wonder if rock sliders would have lessened some of the damage?

Blaise

Yep.....on her cell phone. File a lawsuit for damages and property damage and the court can subpoena her cell phone records! Just had this happen up the street from me! Kid ran into the back of a parked car and then tried to bail........hit and run!

Subdivisions are almost more dangerous than the freeways these days exactly because of this. So sorry for your loss, glad nobody was hurt!

On that note, take all of your kit off before you get it towed!

Except this kid didn't run. There's no reason to file a lawsuit, c'mon now. And trying to prove that a cell phone caused the accident is nearly impossible - and nobody is going to take the time/effort to do so for property damage only.

Insurance will pay out and hopefully she learned a valuable lesson. Life goes on.

You have more faith then I do! lol.....

Good thing nobody's kids were playing in their own yard when she was learning her valuable lesson! Five kids have been killed in residential neighborhoods here in my local SoCal area over the last three years, three of which were by teenagers on cell phones, the other two drunk drivers in the daytime. Dramatic?!?! Maybe, but I don't have the same faith as you do is all I'm saying.

Anywho, like I said, get that kit off and ready for the new wagon! Good luck, glad nobody was hurt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles