Rimrocker and Kokopellis Trails June 2020

gwittman

Adventurer
Okay, it is my turn to show some pictures. Ace has already described our adventure and don't have much to add to that.
I always like to show wild flowers and will start with that. Ace said the wild flowers were not as showy this year, but I think they were still pretty good.
P1010002.JPG

This shot is of a part of the Rimrocker. I tried to get a some of our vehicles in the photo but they were moving too fast. You can see them if you look hard.
P1010008.JPG

I liked this huge rock. Someone stated it looked like a large futuristic house you would expect to see in 'The Jetsons'.
P1010018.JPG

Here is a nice view from the Rimrocker of a picturesque peak. Sorry, I don't remember the name of it.
P1010022.JPG

This is after the Rimrocker trail at the Gemini Bridges. You can see part of the opening of the bridges below a portion of our crew. That is Ace giving the big group hug. Paul (our lone bike rider) is in the lime green shirt, Vince is on the far left and George is between Ace and Vince. That is Duke (sorry if I got that wrong) to the far right. I don't know where Kenda is, probably wandering around which she so good at. Susan and Marie apparently didn't make the hike to the bridges. I, of course, am on the other end of the camera which required quite a rough hike to get to.
P1010029.JPG

To be continued.

gwittman

Adventurer
This shot is of some great Native American rock art which we viewed after running Kokopellis. Ace showed some of the Petroglyphs there. This is some of the Pictographs that reminded me of the rock art in Horseshoe Canyon near The Maze.
P1010034.JPG

P1010038.JPG

This is a picture of some information on the pictographs for any one that would like to know more that just viewing them.
P1010039.JPG

The following are some views from Grand Mesa. Ace and I spent the night at a boondock campsite that Ace knew about. We were visited by several thunderstorms that night and early morning. We left before the heavy ones hit later in the day.
P1010045.JPG

This is a view of Island Lake on the left in the Land of Lakes.
P1010050.JPG

And I will end my photos with flowers, also in Grand Mesa.
P1010054.JPG

I left fairly early on the last day between storms to avoid the predicted worse whether that was forecast. Ace slept in a little but left shortly after I did.

I didn't avoid the bad thunders storms though. I just had to deal with them on I-70. I could see the darkness ahead and the shape of the cloud told me it was going to be fierce. It looked like I might be able to skirt the worst of it but I think I ended up in the worst of it. The wind was blowing my truck all over the road, then the rain came so hard visibility was barely 20 feet at times. Then the hail came with gun shot sounds as the big ones hit. Everybody was pulling off the road. Since there were no overpasses to hide under, I decide it was better to keep going to get out of it. I was careful not to overdrive the visibility and eventually drove out of it. Other than a few minor paint chips in my camper shell, I had no damage and was happy to get off with that little damage.

I arrived home in Costa Mesa, CA after a 12 hour drive near my planned 11:00PM arrival time. I thought back on this trip as I drifted away to a very good nights sleep. Looking forward to the next adventure wherever it is.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Hi Guys. Hope your all well, healthy and still out adventuring! I finally finished my trip report over on the moto thread and wish to share it here. Thanks again for letting a two wheeler tag along! Be safe!

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Hi Guys. Hope your all well, healthy and still out adventuring! I finally finished my trip report over on the moto thread and wish to share it here. Thanks again for letting a two wheeler tag along! Be safe!

Paul, as I said on your trip report it was pretty cool having two wheels along to recon for us. Your welcome to join us any old time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles