Rigid LED Light Connectors: Need Help Identifying

ZMagic97

Explorer
Hello all,

For years I've had these Rigid LED cubes on my brush guard. I bought them used from a friend back in ~2012 and they sat around until they were mounted but never wired on my GMC since I didn't get the wiring harness from him.

Recently, I have been pursuing getting the wiring done along with some other projects. However, the harnesses I can find for sale don't seem to have the correct connections for the lights. Can anyone shine some light on these connectors? I assume they are not proprietary for Rigid, but maybe I'm wrong.

The ones I have look oval shaped, whereas the ones I find for sale are more square like at the connectors.

I know I could cut/splice/seal these or add my own electrical connectors for a make-and-break point, but I figured I'd reach out to the members here for help first and hopefully save myself some time.

Thanks in advance.

IMG-0287.jpg

Ramdough

Adventurer
That sure does. I may just order these and cut off the other ones if needed. I could use the other 3 sets for other things as well...

Let me know how it works. I have some OPT7 lights without connectors and that looks similar.

Do you know what gauge wires your lights use? Is 16awg ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZMagic97

Explorer
Let me know how it works. I have some OPT7 lights without connectors and that looks similar.

I'm unsure of the size since it's all sealed. However, all the sets Rigid sells now for the lights like mine are 18AWG so I feel like I'll be fine.

I ordered the connectors yesterday and they are to arrive tonight. I'll post again with the results.

ZMagic97

Explorer

Last night I was able to go out and see the sizes, and sadly the connectors I got are too small. However, I'm ok with that since they look of good quality. I'll cut the end of the Rigid lights and solder these on with correct polarity.

WSS

Rock Stacker
The rigid leds I have use the deutsch connectors. That type of fitting is becoming very popular.

IMG_1041_zps3wea6wm4.jpg

old .45

Observer
My Rigid connectors are also deutesh..... they are 7 years in service on 2 trucks, I think they are the best ever!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles