RIGID HITCH INCORPORATED 2,000 lb. Torsional Stub Axles

ptulli

Someone mentioned these and I am wondering if anyone has used them before, RIGID HITCH INCORPORATED 2,000 lb. Torsional Stub Axles. I am looking at using them on a 5x8 squaredrop trailer and a 4x6 adventure trailer with a rooftop tent. Trying to build both, I'd like to stay budget friendly. I am not expecting them to be Timbren but if they are a good value, I hope to use that to budget for both trailers. The link is below, thanks for any input!

Amazon Link

rnArmy

Adventurer
More budget friendly would be leaf springs and a solid axle. Also spreads out the load more on the frame.

ITTOG

Someone mentioned these and I am wondering if anyone has used them before, RIGID HITCH INCORPORATED 2,000 lb. Torsional Stub Axles. I am looking at using them on a 5x8 squaredrop trailer and a 4x6 adventure trailer with a rooftop tent. Trying to build both, I'd like to stay budget friendly. I am not expecting them to be Timbren but if they are a good value, I hope to use that to budget for both trailers. The link is below, thanks for any input!

Amazon Link
I cannot comment on that brand but I can tell you torsion axles are awesome. My father-in-law has them on his 6x12 cargo camper and when we go off-roading it does not bounce around. Like typical leaf springs. It appears to be a much softer ride.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

billiebob

Be sure to build the frame to the RIGID spec. Torsional Axles need substantial material to resist the twisting torsional loads.
Leaf springs and solid axles spread vertical loads over a much longer frame between the spring hangers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles