Rig w/ boat Pics

TheCatman

3MocCAk.jpg

Two Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 kayaks (midnight and dusk colors) on our 2016 JKUR. The rack setup is a Garvin Adventure rack, Garvin crossbar adapters, Yakima Corebar crossbars, and Yakima Evenkeel saddles.

Last edited:

FlagRS

Gone to the dogs.
I sold our Kayaks last fall and this year i'm planning on just using paddle boards. We have had this 10'6" BIC Sport inflatable for a few years now. It's a great beginner board with lots of buoyancy, accommodates both me and my dog. I would like to add another board to our set up, maybe a nicer solid board.

IMG_3464-L.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
have you ever found any issues with places saying no ? has to be a boat

kinda thinking little places like lake watson as example :)

I sold our Kayaks last fall and this year i'm planning on just using paddle boards. We have had this 10'6" BIC Sport inflatable for a few years now. It's a great beginner board with lots of buoyancy, accommodates both me and my dog. I would like to add another board to our set up, maybe a nicer solid board.

IMG_3464-L.jpg

FlagRS

Gone to the dogs.
have you ever found any issues with places saying no ? has to be a boat

kinda thinking little places like lake watson as example :)

No, never run into "No Paddle Boards". Just the opposite, we have been to many places that have "No Boats with Motors" restrictions. Often the best places to paddle board are the small lakes that restrict boat sizes and boats with motors.

Edit: I just checked Watson Lake in Prescott and it is a "No Swimming" Lake with no mention of SUP restrictions. Prescott Outdoors the rental vendor at Watson Lake does list SUPs rentals at $20 per hour.

Last edited:

jonnyquest

Adventurer
No, never run into "No Paddle Boards". Just the opposite, we have been to many places that have "No Boats with Motors" restrictions. Often the best places to paddle board are the small lakes that restrict boat sizes and boats with motors.

Edit: I just checked Watson Lake in Prescott and it is a "No Swimming" Lake with no mention of SUP restrictions. Prescott Outdoors the rental vendor at Watson Lake does list SUPs rentals at $20 per hour.

Last time I was at Watson Lake there were a bunch of kids that kept "falling" out of their boats. And having a great time doing so. It was apparently ok. It's a really nice place. I hope to get back there this summer and maybe "fall" out of my canoe too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoffrey

My previous truck with the the 12 foot Old Towns, and 9 foot Old Town
4nT3a4nh.jpg

The 12 foot Old Towns and the big aluminum canoe
0597.jpg

MOguy

Explorer

IMG_3464-L.jpg

Were was the picture taken? I think I was there a few weeks back. Is it on route 66 and the town had an odd name.

Last edited:

rickc

Adventurer
Current Designs high volume Extreme on a 2016 Chevy Colorado:

mLDJ6fq.jpg

cJiQbmb.jpg

Old Yakima system; saddles and Hulley Rollers mounted to a new Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform:

KrQzKgw.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles