Ridiculous descriptions from sellers

eporter

Adventurer
I keep finding gems in vehicle descriptions that really make you question what the seller is thinking, and why anyone would want to buy from them! Obviously these are just the start of the can of worms... So, I thought I’d start a thread. Feel free to add any great one liners you find.

In the past day:

“The other issue is the passenger side head light is out. This isn’t a huge issue, and can be solved with a 5$ bulb, but again, my money and time have been too tight to give it attention. The front breaks are also ready to go, but I have new parts I’ll include.”

“Everything runs great
No dash heater (I use space heaters)”

Last edited:

Overdrive

Adventurer
I laughed out loud when I read the last line of this ad:
Funny Ad1.JPG
Funny Ad1.JPG

billiebob

but yes, they think listing the minor $5 deficiencies will over come the abuse and total lack of preventative maintenance since they bought it...... I just hope none of the curbers are watching this thread, hate to see this thread become scammer 101

rawtoxic

I have a few thoughts about this thread.

No one ever takes into account it takes money to maintain a vehicle or standard depreciation. Example: I bought this 3 years ago for $40k I spent $40k and 500 hours of my time worth $40 an hour ($20k) = firm asking of $100k. Some rigs probably have been appreciating the last year significantly at that.

Some of it may just really to low IQ, like this ad I read this morning. I would like to meet Firecracker probably have a beer with him but his ad is like ****** am I buying...

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I have a few thoughts about this thread.

No one ever takes into account it takes money to maintain a vehicle or standard depreciation. Example: I bought this 3 years ago for $40k I spent $40k and 500 hours of my time worth $40 an hour ($20k) = firm asking of $100k. Some rigs probably have been appreciating the last year significantly at that.

Some of it may just really to low IQ, like this ad I read this morning. I would like to meet Firecracker probably have a beer with him but his ad is like ****** am I buying...

It’s a truck that runs but has no transmission. You can live in it and poop in the box. Makes perfect sense.

rawtoxic

I think the setup is you drive the red truck to your spot and live in the black truck on the gooseneck trailer. I do think you do poop in back of the truck hope for no rain but you can always start your camper truck to heat up and dry off if it rains. I wish they had pics of the interior. Red truck made me want to play Johnny Cash 'One piece at a time'

jadmt

ignore button user
I think the setup is you drive the red truck to your spot and live in the black truck on the gooseneck trailer. I do think you do poop in back of the truck hope for no rain but you can always start your camper truck to heat up and dry off if it rains. I wish they had pics of the interior. Red truck made me want to play Johnny Cash 'One piece at a time'
I bet the cassette player has a tape of Jerry Jeff Walker (RIP) stuck in it.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
^^Right. One of my favorite lines is something like "heater fan doesn't work...probably just a fuse." :LOL:

Well, we certainly don’t have to go very far to find examples of humorous ads like that.
Here’s one of our own from Expo FSBO:

“This is an XPCamper V1e ... The XPCamper company was bought by Nimbl and they continue to make essentially the same camper with some updates for about $179k + another $70k allowance for a Ford F-350 SRW w/gas engine for a total of about $249k....Some of the issues include: Rear winch needs a new line wrapped and new holding screw (I have the line and will include it in the sale but I don’t have the holding screw. A new one can be obtained from a hardware store ...”

As Billy Shakes might have penned, “A Screw, A Screw, my Kingdom for a Screw,” but alas, here for the simple want of just one really needed good screw, the whole deal sadly, potentially unravels!

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
Well, we certainly don’t have to go very far to find examples of humorous ads like that.
Here’s one of our own from Expo FSBO:

“This is an XPCamper V1e ... The XPCamper company was bought by Nimbl and they continue to make essentially the same camper with some updates for about $179k + another $70k allowance for a Ford F-350 SRW w/gas engine for a total of about $249k....Some of the issues include: Rear winch needs a new line wrapped and new holding screw (I have the line and will include it in the sale but I don’t have the holding screw. A new one can be obtained from a hardware store ...”
I swear to God I was going to post that and decided not too lol

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
From a camper van ad in SoCal that I just read:

“Purchased in July 2020 after the buildout...I have not used the appliances, so it’s still brand new,”

Sooooo, you can’t tell me if/how the expensive camping appliances work??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94