Ridgeline as ExPo vehicle?

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
Yeah, we've been progressively beating it up a little bit more each time we go out.

But, It's sooooo new and shiny and it's my daily driver, and the bank owns most of it...

Bobfab

Observer
i may be mistaken, but i'mm pretty sure the ridgline comes with a v6 right?

yes, 3.5L Sohc VTEC V6.

For those talking about the spare in the trunk: You can remove the bracket that holds the spare in, and remount it on the inside of the bed for convenience. It is made to mount either spot. Plus is a donut going to help if you are in a precarious offroad spot?

Just walked off the dealer floor with a Ridge yesterday, im super stoked!!

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
Bobfab - congrats! Nice to have company.

Don't let them bash you about the unibody. It's really a monocoque - built the same way that race cars, fighter jets, submarines, etc. are built. There hasn't been anything purpose-built on a tube frame in decades. :jump:

Oh yeah, independent suspension is good for you. Solid axles and leaf springs will be following their dinosaur brethren in extinction as well some day. :sombrero:

It's no rock crawler, but mine seems to eat up washboard gravel roads.

Post some pics...

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
I'm just about to start on a major mod to my Ridge. I bought a set of OEM rear mudflaps. Do you think I should start a build thread? :Mechanic:

Cheers,
Mark

Bobfab

Observer

Post some pics...

Yup, i will be dusting off the camera tonight to take some cool pics of the ridge. Ill be sure to post here, its bone stock but im loving it right now!

Not planning on doing any serious wheeling, but whatever is necessary to get to good riding spots. Id rather see my dirtbikes take the abuse of the rocks!

winkosmosis

Explorer

Don't let them bash you about the unibody. It's really a monocoque - built the same way that race cars, fighter jets, submarines, etc. are built. There hasn't been anything purpose-built on a tube frame in decades. :jump:

Oh yeah, independent suspension is good for you. Solid axles and leaf springs will be following their dinosaur brethren in extinction as well some day. :sombrero:

Post some pics...

The full independent suspension is pretty cool and futuristic, but can you get a lift for it?

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
If you go to the Ridgeline owners site you can read about the guys that bought the 2" lift that (Rancho?) makes. They almost always remove the lift in a month or two. So, no lift.

It seems like a great ExPo truck if what you're doing is true overland travel. A rock crawler it is not and a heavy gear hauler it is not.

There's no aftermarket support at all.

I'll post about our overland trip across Labrador and Newfoundland When I get back in a few weeks. If the truck gets me back LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles