Ride height help

Jmz01

Hey guys my tires are slightly rubbing with a 2" level (strut spacer). I bought this truck recently and I know strut spacers suck but im on a budget. I jacked it up measured about 0.75 inches and it doesn't rub at full turn. What are my options besides getting new wheels with 0 offset? I really like the wheels id rather find a way to lift the front up a bit more but im a big rookie and figured this would be the best place to ask. Would Bilstein 5100s work?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Grassland

What's the offset of your current wheels? What size are your tires?

Also where is it rubbing, the crash bars? Control arm? Fenders? Bumper valence?

Jmz01

What's the offset of your current wheels? What size are your tires?

Also where is it rubbing, the crash bars? Control arm? Fenders? Bumper valence?
33x11.5xr17
-06mm

It rubs right by the mud flaps. Mainly when i put the vehicle in reverse. I replaced the mud flaps with husky kickbacks which are super thin.
20210409_173916.jpg

Grassland

Ah minus 6 offset. Factory is super positive like +40
Not sure if a total of 2.75" lift will fix that, but you would be at the max height for stock components, especially using a spacer.
You'd likely need an UCA at that height.
@Jnich77 you have a 13th gen can you chime in? Or tag McCarthy or a couple of the other 13th gens who tags I don't have memorized?

Jmz01

Ah minus 6 offset. Factory is super positive like +40
Not sure if a total of 2.75" lift will fix that, but you would be at the max height for stock components, especially using a spacer.
You'd likely need an UCA at that height.
@Jnich77 you have a 13th gen can you chime in? Or tag McCarthy or a couple of the other 13th gens who tags I don't have memorized?
If i get new UCA that would prevent other parts from wearing? Appreciate ur help

D

Deleted member 9101

If i get new UCA that would prevent other parts from wearing? Appreciate ur help

Yes new upper control arms will correct the suspension geometry.

As for the rest, wheel spacers might help. You'll need a 1.5" spacer to cover your lugs, unless your rims have room for the lugs to go into, then you can run a 1.25" spacer.

Grassland

Yes new upper control arms will correct the suspension geometry.

As for the rest, wheel spacers might help. You'll need a 1.5" spacer to cover your lugs, unless your rims have room for the lugs to go into, then you can run a 1.25" spacer.
Wouldn't spacers exacerbate the issue? He has negative offset now so pushes the wheel further from the hub.
His tires aren't very wide, all things considered

D

Deleted member 9101

Wouldn't spacers exacerbate the issue? He has negative offset now so pushes the wheel further from the hub.
His tires aren't very wide, all things considered

Crap...valid point. It's probably his offset then. I'm running 33s and a 1.25" spacer on stock rims, with a 2" level, and I don't have any rubbing.

Jmz01

Is there anyway to achieve 2.75" height without messing with the angles and wearing out the parts? I believe icon 2.5 brings it up to 2.75 for the f150. And the 6112 brings it up to 2.1. I know the icons are super expensive i just want to have a better idea of what options i have.

Grassland

The shocks can lift it that high but it will increase wear on ball joints and CVs unless it spends most time on the street. The more a suspension fully cycles under load when lifted that high, the more wear.
The sweet spot is 1.75-2".

Jmz01

The shocks can lift it that high but it will increase wear on ball joints and CVs unless it spends most time on the street. The more a suspension fully cycles under load when lifted that high, the more wear.
The sweet spot is 1.75-2".
Ok. I see. The only way to avoid this would be to get an actual lift kit? Or coil overs with uca? Wierd i called this local garage and they told me there is no such thing as a 3" inch lift. Only 4 and up. But i found a rough country lol. Any suggestions you or anyone else have besides the rough country? I hear that they aren't very good products. I do some light off roading here and there but what i hear from friends and mechanics that rough country products suck and they don't hold up well. I wonder if anyone else here has had any experiences?

Grassland

Ok. I see. The only way to avoid this would be to get an actual lift kit? Or coil overs with uca? Wierd i called this local garage and they told me there is no such thing as a 3" inch lift. Only 4 and up. But i found a rough country lol. Any suggestions you or anyone else have besides the rough country? I hear that they aren't very good products. I do some light off roading here and there but what i hear from friends and mechanics that rough country products suck and they don't hold up well. I wonder if anyone else here has had any experiences?

4" lift and larger are subframe drop lift kits.
The front cross member is dropped to lower the front differential so the angle is taken off the CVs. Then taller knuckles are used to keep the UCAs in their proper travel range.
It's expensive both in parts and labour.
If you don't go that route, the best you can do is a strut that gives 2.75-3" lift and a UCA but it still won't help you in the CV department.
The easiest way to run your tire size without rubbing is to have more positive offset on your wheels but it's too late for that now
Can you remove the mud flaps or will it rub still with them gone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz