Rickson wheel alternative

HAF

I have a set of 5 Rickson wheels that are on my F550 4x4 camper build. I am willing to sell the wheels, which currently have mpt81 tires on them. They are 275/80/R20
We did the conversion hoping to use the truck more frequently on the beach of Assateague Island, but busy work schedule has limited our available time to use the truck.
When Rickson built my wheels they were almost impossible to reach by phone, but the wheels were completed as promised and are a great quality wheel. I am not sure if leaving my number here ok. If not please advise, thanks. 410-461-8746 Steve in Maryland
How much lift did you use to fit these? Did it require fender trimming?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Are you set on 19.5s?

I got a set of Buckstop 20x11 for my build (Ram 5500) and the quality is amazing and they've been around 20+ years.

Took exactly 3 weeks to arrive from day or order

ramwheelsFORUM.jpg

Not too sure if they company still makes custom wheels, for the California people it might be worth while checking in or calling the following

Chariot Spring Co
17866 Valley Blvd
Bloomington, CA 92316
(909) 357-8195

They use to make custom steel and aluminum wheels.

Steve Fleming

SWD 19.5 got for my camper set up but sold the camper now sell not sure so have to find Rickson out of business?

Attachments

• IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2285.JPG
    IMG_2285.JPG
    437.5 KB · Views: 60

javajoe79

Fabricator
How wide of a 19.5 are you looking for?

Some other alternatives may come from hi-rail truck conversions.

Another is assemble or have someone assemble a set, OTR Wheel Engineering sells the rim hoop part, and if you are just looked King for a flat center they can be cut out pretty easily, then weld the two together.

I made a set of 22.5 wheels for a 48 truck a while back using ort rims.
Any more info on the OTR option? I don’t see wheels on their site. Do they have other size hoops?

jronwood

Adventurer
I am trying to find a reasonably affordable ($500 each) alternative to all the crazy big run flat options. I have a 1995 E350 7.3 dually 4x4 Quigley cut away that I have singled out to 19.5" rail rims. Those are ok, but I'd REALLY like to find a flat steelie, that could run 20" BFG that could be aired down. I am concerned about the THOUSANDS of miles of gravel washboard i would like to travel.

jronwood

Adventurer
So I found a REALLY small company in Michigan called Red Barn Customs. Guy seems like he can build just about any rim you want with ALL sorts of options. I will likely be going with him once I gather up soem funds and vehicles are on the road. I will run 19.5" rail rims for now, but at some point switch to 20" steelies.

glrret

So I found a REALLY small company in Michigan called Red Barn Customs. Guy seems like he can build just about any rim you want with ALL sorts of options. I will likely be going with him once I gather up soem funds and vehicles are on the road. I will run 19.5" rail rims for now, but at some point switch to 20" steelies.
The problem with Red Barn Customs wheels is they are not DOT approved and are intended for off road only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior