Rickson wheel alternative

zimm

Expedition Leader
For super singles. Drw to 19.5 singles. Rickson may have the worst reviews online ever. Is there anyone else making super single setups?

C p weinberger

1st attack engineering, They make/ sell a lot of rims for the fire trucks Doing single wheel conversions. 20x11 steel wheels.
I have no experience with their products I have only seen their website and talk to their rep guy. Just be aware those 20 inch tires are heavy, they need to be that size because they need to offset going from Duallys to super singles on the rear And still maintaining the weight capacity. Basically you’re into unimog tires

My 2cents

Darwin

Explorer
Firematic brush trucks makes a specialty 19.5 super single and also offers a mud terrain 19.5 tire to go with it. I believe the tire is made by Intercol.

https://firematic.com/founders_mt.htm

foundersmt0.jpg

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Check out the "G" 55 MPH Speed Rating on those "Founders MT" tires.

Looks good for off-road otherwise you are gettin nowhere fast!

I'm also looking for 19.5 inch dually conversion wheels like what Rickson makes/made. Places I've tried so far with no joy;
Rickson - can't get a hold of them and have been told they're out of business and also have terrible reviews on line.
Buckstop - only makes 20" wheels, so a person has to go with 40+" military tires to get 5000+ lb load rating and these tires are not really great for long term overland travel.
DBL Wheels - only make wheels for 450-550/4500-5500
Firematic - same issue as DBL wheels
1st Attack Engineering - Their website only talks about 20 inch wheels but can't get a hold of to see if they can also make 19.5 inch wheels.
Stockton Wheels - Can't get a hold of.
Staz off road - Can't get a hold of.

Any other ideas?

Superfi100

I am looking for the 20x10or11" wheels. Can anyone tell me who sells the Hutchinson wheels like is used on the Earthroamer LTS?

spot

I just bought a set of Hutchinson’s from Skinny Pedal racing. I bet they can get the wheels you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beachflags

I have a set of 5 Rickson wheels that are on my F550 4x4 camper build. I am willing to sell the wheels, which currently have mpt81 tires on them. They are 275/80/R20
We did the conversion hoping to use the truck more frequently on the beach of Assateague Island, but busy work schedule has limited our available time to use the truck.
When Rickson built my wheels they were almost impossible to reach by phone, but the wheels were completed as promised and are a great quality wheel. I am not sure if leaving my number here ok. If not please advise, thanks. 410-461-8746 Steve in Maryland

BRace

I have a set of 5 Rickson wheels that are on my F550 4x4 camper build. I am willing to sell the wheels, which currently have mpt81 tires on them. They are 275/80/R20
We did the conversion hoping to use the truck more frequently on the beach of Assateague Island, but busy work schedule has limited our available time to use the truck.
When Rickson built my wheels they were almost impossible to reach by phone, but the wheels were completed as promised and are a great quality wheel. I am not sure if leaving my number here ok. If not please advise, thanks. 410-461-8746 Steve in Maryland

I'd be interested in purchasing your wheels. I have an F550 that I'm starting to convert. What is the price? Do you have a picture of the wheels and tires on your build? I'm currently in Japan returning to states in ten days. I lived in Annapolis for 20 years and currently based in California. I'll try and call your number from Japan so pick up if you see an overseas number - not a spam call :)

Landtrek

So, did anybody get lucky finiding a company that makes/sells DRW to SRW 19.5 conversion wheels, besides Rickson?

I understand some folks got Vision wheels but not sure if they have the correct offest to front and rear tires.

How wide of a 19.5 are you looking for?

Some other alternatives may come from hi-rail truck conversions.

Another is assemble or have someone assemble a set, OTR Wheel Engineering sells the rim hoop part, and if you are just looked King for a flat center they can be cut out pretty easily, then weld the two together.

I made a set of 22.5 wheels for a 48 truck a while back using ort rims.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles