Rickashay's 97' LX450 - "Tom Cruiser" Build Thread

rickashay

Explorer
you seling her?saw an add on kijiji

Cats out of the bag. Yes, it's currently for sale.

I've got too many vehicles right now and need to downsize with a wedding on the horizon and a few other large capital expenditures. I have a work truck (that RARELY moves) and the LX and two cars. Need to condense the toy/work truck into 1 so I'm thinking of building my Tundra or possibly selling the LX and Tundra and going to a 100 Series to get the better drivetrain. Not too stoked to post it for sale but hopefully it goes to a good home.

96Delica

Adventurer
What's your milage like on this beast? I would love one but I need a DD with....at least half decent milage.

rickashay

Explorer
Wish you were in the U.S. Sweet rig sorry for sale congrats on the weddin'

Thanks!

A few photos from the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I got back out to Nelson BC and got some R&R while myself and my two brothers were all home at once, something that hasn't happened in the last two years. No wheeling photos but some photos of our outdoor wanderings.

The North end of Kootenay Lake, past Kaslo BC:

20131011-IMG_3819.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

Looking towards the Jumbo region:

20131011-IMG_3820.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

On the hike up to Monica Meadows:

20131011-IMG_3835.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

In the meadows:

20131011-IMG_3873.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

These pine trees actually change color in the fall and shed their needles:

20131011-IMG_3893.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

This photo does only but a fraction of this place justice:

20131011-IMG_3900.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

I will not doubt be heading back to this area next summer/fall for some camping and exploring. One of the most stunning places I have ever been in my life.

20131011-IMG_3905.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

Me and my bros:

20131011-IMG_3886.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

the kid

Juke Box Hero
amazing pictures, and sad to see the rig go... if i had the cash id buy it right now man. i say get a hundy though, and convince Vin to make a 5 lug wheel!

NGUDE

Observer
that mileage is awesome! ~15mpg if i did the math right!

i barely break 14 on a good day and i have 33" tires! what's the secret?

Last edited:

vicali

Adventurer
Addison you're killing me... what kind of Nelson grown tree-hugging west koots boy doesn't know what a Larch tree is?? You need to get out of AB stat! :ylsmoke:

rickashay

Explorer
Stunning pictures, as always Addy. You work the camera good... real good ;).

Lol thanks Mason! I was checking your wicked wave pics on IG the other day. Oh and congrats on the engagement buddy!

amazing pictures, and sad to see the rig go... if i had the cash id buy it right now man. i say get a hundy though, and convince Vin to make a 5 lug wheel!

Thanks Isaac. The truck leaves my possession in a few hours. VERY bittersweet as deep down I don't want it to go. 100 series would be cool but I' scared that it's just TOO big and the suspension in the front is a little weak for the wheeling I do. I'm no hardcore but I feel like the 100 series torsion bar setup might be pushing it a little for my needs. Plus I have a 2 owner, full service history, relatively low mileage, no accident, and rust free Tundra in my garage. It takes all the guess work out of the hunt and gives me a sizeable budget for mods to kick off with. My Tundra build will be incoming here shortly. Should be ordering parts this week to get started.

BTW - Vin has a small run of SCS F5's in the 5x150 bolt pattern already. IF I bail on my Tundra plans and go for a 100, I would be getting a set no doubt!

that mileage is awesome! ~15mpg if i did the math right!

i barely break 14 on a good day and i have 33" tires! what's the secret?

Yah that was a pretty good tank. I do know that is was almost all highway thought and a slight elevation decrease most of the drive. I'm pretty good with the throttle I think... I always just let the rig slow down on hills and use the OD buttom quite a bit. I dunno? haha

Addison you're killing me... what kind of Nelson grown tree-hugging west koots boy doesn't know what a Larch tree is?? You need to get out of AB stat! :ylsmoke:

Larch! Ugghh as if I couldn't remember.... it's a shame isnt it. I'll take is as a sign that I need to move back home and into the Koots. One day.

rickashay

Explorer
Thanks for the new back ground pics for my computer!

haha no problem!

Well, it's the end of a relatively short era. Tom Cruiser has moved on to a new home. My co-worker bought it, so I get to look forward to drooling over a really awesome LX450 everyday at work! At least I can keep on top of him to keep it clean and rust free. He's already looking for a DD to keep the Cruiser his Adventure-Only rig which I completely embrace. haha

Sempertoy

Explorer
haha no problem!

You would be surprised how hard it is to find a quality B/W pic of three guys standing in the woods on the internet.

Sad to hear that Tom is gone, but excited to see what you do with the tundra. I have been thinking about a truck for my next build, and I think those first gen tundras are great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior