Review: Campaign Furniture Companies - Chair Campaign

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Review – The Campaign Furniture Companies – Chair Campaign.

DSC_5009.jpg

The Idea – To review, enjoy, and share this Campaign Chair.

While attending the Overland Expo 2010 I had the good fortune of visiting the Campaign Furniture Company. Here I meet the owners Andy and his wife(Kris), who let me play with there new product, the Campaign Chair. As most of you will note you don't just go out and order a $300 dollar chair sight unseen. So I along with others spent quit a bit of time sitting in the chairs, assembling them and talking with other attendees about the chairs. I enjoyed my time with the chairs that evening and decided to mull over the purchase a bit further. It just so happened that the next night while in line for the final barbeque I was standing behind Andy and Kris. We got to talk about the chairs and how sales had gone. Andy said he had sold all but 1 and was quite pleased about all the positive feedback. We continued to swap ideas about the chair until Andy excused himself. A minute later he returned, handing me his chair with the words “Try it out, let me know what you think!”

Well I have tried it out over the past few weeks and I think this chair “Rocks!” So I am going to buy my own chair and would like to pass this good fortune onto other Expedition Portal Members.

Here is how it is going to work. If you feel you might be interested in purchasing a Campaign Furniture Chair but would like a trial period, now is your chance. Say you have an up coming trip planned. Lets get the chair into your hands. Use it on the trip, report back, take pictures, and then sign the inside of the canvas bag. Lets have some fun with this chair. Where will you take it!

The fine print. I am in no way affiliated with the Campaign Furniture Company. I was merely in the right place at the right time and came out with a free chair. I am hoping that by allowing others to use this chair I can help benefit both the Campaign Furniture Company and the members of the Expedition Portal. If you decide to try the chair out, all that I ask is that you return it in a timely manner and pay the return postage if necessary. If you would like to be added to the list please private message me the following Name, Screen Name, Dates/Trip. I will get back to you regarding its availability.

If you would like to learn more about the Campaign Furniture Company you can visit there website www.campaignfurniturecompany.com

Last edited:

Gear

Where is the Campaign Chair?

DSC_5665.jpg

Currently the Campaign Chair is located in -

In route to NE Overland Rally - HMR

Next stops -

Late May - AT and OJ Open House
May 30-31 - Grand Canyon - Gear
June 11-14 - Baja - 1leglance
July 4th - Eastern Sierra's - nwoods
July 17th - Mongolia - Expeditionswest
Sept. 23-26th - Overland Rally and Workshop - Hollister, CA
Oct. 13-17th - Utah - Mr. Moody

February 18-21 - Mohave Trail - wesel123
April 1-3 - Overland Expo - Gear
May 4-8 - Cruise Moab - Sawyer
June 9-12 - SE Overland Rally - cjlewis
July 23 - Expo Fiesta Island Meet and Greet - Gear
July 24 -- Currently with HMR

This post will change as the Campaign Chair moves around.

Last edited:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
These are really great chairs. We had several of them in the Overland Journal booth during the Overland Expo and there were lots of positive comments from the dozens, perhaps hundreds of people who sat in them over the weekend.

They are hand-made here in the US, California. Andy ad Kris have a background in making high end custom furniture and these chairs are great examples of thier high qulity craftsmanship.

They also have a table/box that fits one chair when broken down for storage and they will be coming out with a slightly larger box/table designed to fit two chairs inside for storage.

image3.jpg

Overland-Expo-036_L.jpg

:)

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Great idea. :victory: I'll keep this in mind when I have an upcoming decent trip planned and PM you to see if I can play. :sombrero:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I might be interested in a test drive...just got back from a trip, and am planning a trip to the local mountains in the next month or so.

After me, I could send it up to ventura county to my dad, who goes up to big sur almost once a month. Maybe we could train it up the coast of california?

cheers.

Gear

Campaign Chair Assemble Instructions

DSC_5013.jpg

DSC_4951.jpg

First grab the cross member labeled "front" place it on the ground so you can read it.

DSC_4965.jpg

Insert the two front legs into the cross bar. The front legs have the threads on the top. Next slide the canvas seat with the side bars over the front bars.

DSC_4961.jpg

The front cross bar and the two side bars are marked A-A and B-B. Make sure these line up, Correctly.

DSC_4968.jpg

Slide the rear legs into the side bars. Now slide the "back" cross bar over the rear legs. Click the buckles together but do not tighten.

DSC_5623.jpg

Grab the Canvas back panel with arm rests. Slip the back of the arm rest over the rear legs.

DSC_4978.jpg

Screw the front legs into the arm rest. Reach under the chair and tighten the buckles underneath the chair.

DSC_4981.jpg

Locate the strap at the bottom of the chair back. Wrap it around the chair and secure it.

DSC_4979.jpg

Slide the top bar on the chair.

DSC_4944.jpg

Sit down and tension the back straps. Enjoy!

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
This is a great idea!
I'm waiting for their next table product. Hint, Hint.....
:sombrero:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Justin, you always seem to amaze me. I love every one of your post. Period.

Great idea, now let's get some miles on this chair!

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
That larger table/box carrier that will hold 2 chairs seems like it would be a good idea. If you travel with one other person, it's not likely you would deploy a single chair, and not a 2nd, and who couldn't use a table right beside your chair?

Gear

Very cool! Great idea!
Jeremy I look forward to seeing where you take this chair. Heck I think you might just want to borrow it to mull over paint schemes for your Tiger build. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38228

Great idea. :victory: I'll keep this in mind when I have an upcoming decent trip planned and PM you to see if I can play. :sombrero:
Brad you are the perfect candidate for this Campaign Chair. Your travel style, staying put for a week, lends itself to enjoying this fine chair. I can't wait to see it sitting under the Kimberly Kamper.

I might be interested in a test drive...just got back from a trip, and am planning a trip to the local mountains in the next month or so.

After me, I could send it up to ventura county to my dad, who goes up to big sur almost once a month. Maybe we could train it up the coast of california?

cheers.
Brian, take a test drive. You don't have to go to the end of the earth with this chair. I find myself in the cul-de-sac watching the kids most days.

Gear

Gear, you are the shizzle. Most excellent idea.
J I would love to see this chair in your hands. Got any trips planned.

Justin, you always seem to amaze me. I love every one of your post. Period.

Great idea, now let's get some miles on this chair!

Louis I can see you now pondering the tubs at Saline Valley. Hope your little boy is doing well. I was thinking about asking Andy if he is going to make a kids version.

DSC_5640.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Andy, might I make a suggestion on this chair? I think the chair is going to last a very long time. I think the plastic buckle/snap clips will not. This is no big deal, but by sewing the straps closed, changing out the snap clips is much more difficult. I suggest either replacing the snap clips with a more traditional belt tine and buckle setup, or simply not sewing the straps closed and using a second plastic bit that snugs up the strap so it won't loosen up. That way, replacing the snap clip is as simple as calling you up or heading to a camping store.

(photo by Gear):
DSC_4961.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles