Review: Campaign Furniture Companies - Chair Campaign

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I too received a response from Campaign Furniture within 24 hours of e-mailing them. They are still making furniture, he stated the website is down for a "Painfully slow refresh.". If you'd like to contact them, he is answering e-mails from his profile page here on ExPo.

Xterabl

Adventurer
Wow, big "woops" on the price.
Nice product; but good luck with that maneuver ($300 --> $575 for same product in lower cost of business state).

taugust

Adventurer
First of all, thanks to Justin for the loan of the chair. I took the chair on a weeklong trip to the Parashant and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in July/August. It is very comfortable and worked well. I stayed two nights on Twin Point, with lots of thunderstorms and a day of frequent light rain. The first shot is with a clearing storm over the canyon.
DSC_6839Low.jpg

The next two nights were spent at the bottom of Whitmore Canyon. You can drive down to the Colorado River and camp on a cliff 800 feet above the river on an ancient flow of lava. There were more thunderstorms and even a couple flash floods that came down the canyon, creating a spectacular 200+ ft. waterfall. I took a steep, rough trail down the cliff to the river and dipped my toes in. I took the chair, thinking it would make for a unique photo. The photos were OK, but I don't recommend hiking with the chair any significant distance. It is heavy and bulky. That was one of the most strenous hikes I have every taken. Hot sun, no shade, no breeze, and one of the warmest days of the trip. I doubt it will make it back to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.:Wow1:
DSC_6915Low.jpg

DSC_6913Low.jpg

While it might have been possible to get one of the chairs at the old price, the new pricing is definately out of reach.

Last edited:

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Mine was a luxury item when I bought it at the old price. It looks nice in the living room and is my wife's favorite chair when she is on her laptop. The back adjusts and it's a nice "sit". I think with the new price it's no longer camping gear but it still is a worthy addition to any finely furnished home. Now I just need the other fine furnishings to surround my fine chair. Lol.

I wish I would have jumped on the storage box that converts to a table when they were cheaper. End table and chair in a box is still cool and since its as comply as any chair I'd say its still worth the money if you spend time in multiple locations.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Sorry to bring back an old thread but curious if they're still in business? Seems their website (as noted on their FB page) no longer works.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Those are awesome chairs but the only way I could own one would be if my lottery ticket investments suddenly pay off. :)

DzlToy

Explorer
Website is all in Chinese now. Great idea and I love the campaign style furniture, old world craftsmanship, etc., but obviously there wasn't much of a market for a $600 camp chair.

American Camp Chairs were selling for about $250 - $300 last I checked and the Martin Folding Safari Chairs in the $600 - $700 range:

http://jandrguram.com/product/martin-chair/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles