REVCON TRAILBLAZER 4x4 RV

Jjackson410

Observer
I think i have seen this poor ole Trailblazer come up for sale a few times. Each time it looks a little more rough than the time before.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/rvs/d/rare-find-ford-f350-crew-cab/6702095311.html

01717_35ATMeHytpb_600x450.jpg

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
eBay seller confirmed he has it for sale on both eBay at $29k and Craigslist at $42k.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Cool eye candy, but not very practical for off road use and probably has never been in a hard core situation. Good thing. Just some rich guy in his last hour trying to use up his kids inheritance. The problem I see is the choice of a Ford chassis for this project. Why? The Ford frames of this era were very flexible and like Jeep CJ's they became part of the suspension. It's not a bad idea except when you put a rigid fiberglass camper box hard onto that frame. If you don't have a 3-point or 4-point floating frame connection, the twisting will over time pull the plastic box apart. The first thing I would do is look at EVERY frame to box connections to see if there is any damage. If they would have thought to use a Dodge or Chevy chassis, the flex is minimal by comparison and negates the use of a floating or spring loaded frame except the very largest and longest camper boxes. Another woe I see is the use of t.cases in the vertical position to get to both powered rear axles. How's that oiling working for you? The shear factor and clearance could be a nuisance. One thing you need for hard-coring a 6X6 is good articulation, like the use of a walking beam suspension on the tandem rears. I don't see that articulation in this one.
I've built up what I want into my 11th hour but still enjoy eye candy when I see it. jefe

Jjackson410

Observer
Mundo.. Im not sure if you know.. but this is a 4x6 and the rear axle is only a tag axle. I don't think this vehicle was ever meant for radical off-roading. From what i have read and seen its more of a get off the main road type of camper. This is something you take and make it a base camp vehicle.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
JJack,
The one I had a look at did have true 6x6 construction, with both rear axles powered, but that was in the 1990's. My fave 6x6 of all time was the WWII issue 1-1/2 ton Dodge WC-62 or 63 with that walking beam suspension and a diagonal placement two-output to the rear transfer case (see pic) with the 2-part rear driveshaft on a pillow block hanger over the front tandem axle. Plenty of articulation.

jefe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier